on average how much ......

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Between £10 and £20 usually. Went in yesterday just for a chat and came out with two more bags of pellets (to join the other 20) and a few packs of frozen dead baits. And I only went in for a chat.... I must feel sorry for them at the mo.

dangermouse

Reaction score
Probably £2-£3 on average but I don`t use a dedicated tackle shop so I`ll usually buy 1/2 pint of maggots and maybe some pellets or worms and the odd pack of hooks or other small bits and pieces.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I refuse to answer the question on the grounds that I may incriminate myself.

Suffice to say that when I go into Dave Moody's shop he usually calls to his wife Christine to, "get the holiday brochures out love"

I get all of my coarse fishing kit from Moody's even if I have to wait to have it ordered.

For fly fishing requirements then Orvis at Stockbridge fill most of my needs.

Last edited:

Chevin

Reaction score
All depends, if the wife is with me or not:wh usually between £10 and £20.

I used to do a bit of part time work in a local tackle shop and if a guy came in with his wife, it was my job to start chatting to the wife while the owner sold the guy the tackle he needed or may be didn't need. It was a ploy that worked quite well on anumberof occasions.

newangler

Reaction score
£5? £5? I dream of only spending £5!

As a newbie every visit is an experience and invariably I come out with what I wanted plus a small armful of stuff I think it's worth "giving a try" plus some stuff I never knew I needed.

On average it's £10-£20 a go with a splurge every now and again which usually co-oincides with payday.

I'm getting better but as they say the first step is admitting you have a problem.

And I never take the Mrs having told her they are nasty smelly places a respectable woman wouldn't be seen dead in.

maceo

Reaction score
I usually only intend to get some maggots but end up with some extra hooks, shot, feeders etc. so quite often get shocked when it comes out at £20 - £25.

Sometimes have to take the bag straight from the car to the shed to avoid unpleasant spousal confrontation. :wh

blackout

Reaction score
Im a tight arse dont part with my money so easily, will buy maggot for roach in winter keep any left overs and use them as casters. boilies and pellets are home made so dont buy them hooks when im running low but I do have an obsessionfor floats must have over 2000 even got some old quills from years back.
Average spend about £30 per year and maybe same again online!
Yeah I recon £60 tops :p