No fishing signs

Philip

Reaction score
Anyone else noticed how whenever you come across the most mouth watering, drop dead gorgeous bit of water that just screams to have a line cast into it there is always a "NO FISHING" sign alongside it ?

Its almost like they have sculpted the water to Crabtree perfection to tease any angler before planting the sign... no don't with a evil cackling laugh as they do it....

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone else noticed how whenever you come across the most mouth watering, drop dead gorgeous bit of water that just screams to have a line cast into it there is always a "NO FISHING" sign alongside it ?

Its almost like they have sculpted the water to Crabtree perfection to tease any angler before planting the sign... no don't with a evil cackling laugh as they do it....

It looks that good simply beacause no fishing is allowed I am afraid no fishing means no litter no broken branches on the tress ect.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
They are usually there for a good reason, such as overhead electricity cables or legal boat moorings. Wildlife sanctuaries or private property also.
Some are not legal, often the whim of a health and safety paranoid local council.

micksmith39

Reaction score
we put one up on the pit that i bailiff, No night fishing past this point, There was this nice little one rod swim , totally overgrown and next to some snags, been like it for a million years, then a carp angler turned up, flattened everything, broke branches,ruined the swim (in my eyes anyway ),

chub_on_the_block

Reaction score
we put one up on the pit that i bailiff, No night fishing past this point, There was this nice little one rod swim , totally overgrown and next to some snags, been like it for a million years, then a carp angler turned up, flattened everything, broke branches,ruined the swim (in my eyes anyway ),

Need to put up some "NO CARP ANGLERS" signs then!!

The bad one

Reaction score
No fishing signs sound like an open invitation to me:D
I know one put up by a landowner, many have tried, few have got away with it. He, the landowner, happens to be a solicitor who deals in civil litigation over land law.
Watch him form the otherside of the river one day deal professional with a Guester. Had me p****** myself at his comebacks for every word the Guester came out with to justify his presence. The man's patter was an art form :eek:

barbelboi

Reaction score
Some signs are really necessary though for the safety of others:wh
Jerry

images

Philip

Reaction score
LOL...like it Jerry....

I am surprised, I thought I would have a load of people agreeing with my frustration but instead it seems more people seem to think no fishing signs are good as they stop us anglers messing it all up !

terry m

Reaction score
No fishing signs generally mean that the land/water belongs to someone who does not want anglers darkening their doorstep. Perhaps some of us would adopt the same stance if we were fortunate enough to own a stretch of river or a lake?

Philip

Reaction score
well I would....which i guess makes me a hypocrite but like a few others have hinted at, nothing messes a nice place up quite like an influx of anglers.

peterjg

Reaction score
Not exactly a no fishing sign but on the town stretch above Marlow on the Thames there were or still are signs apparently in Polish that said - members only. Nuff said!