Tidal Trent Pike & Zander

B

binka

Hi folks,

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction on a couple of things?

Firstly i'm planning to take a fishing buddy piking (this will be the second time as we both blanked at Newark on the first occasion), i've been pike fishing my whole life and he's very keen to get involved with pike but inexperienced and wanting to know how to handle and unhook properly so i'm eager to try and find a fish or two and was thinking about Collingham with a roving deadbait approach and settling up for longer periods in likely looking swims but have never fished this part of the river before... does the state of the tide tend to affect the fishing and if so what are the best states?

Also, having had a look on Google Earth I was wondering if the opposite bank on the Cromwell village and lock side was fishable on a day ticket as it looks as though there is access and a car park close to the river?

Thanks in advance and appreciate any info guys, cheers.

Steve.

schwendy2

Reaction score
The bank opposite belongs to ashfield anglers not day ticket.

Yes the tide affects the fishing, usually as the tide is about to turn either way it seems to switch the fish on.

Why dont you try somewhereva bit easier like the fossdyke for example?

B

binka

Thanks for that.

Fossdyke sounds good and not too far but i'm completely unfamiliar with club waters and day ticket stretches, or how good the pike fishing is though it sounds like it's decent enough if it is easier.

I'll have a search around and see what I can find.

Cheers.