Any famous people here?

blackout

Reaction score
I'd hate to be famous my brother in law used to do club circuit singing and got stage fright just helping him set up his speakers on stage serious! :D

I wouldnt mind the money though especially now im redundant and christmas round the corner and all that, but would hate the notoriety and a ttention not one to seek fame at all actually.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Over the years we have had many 'famous' anglers posting here, some remain but post less frequently whilst others have moved on to pastures new.

blackout

Reaction score
Ron clay the writer for fishing magazines? just google searched but too many results!!! any tv celebs like matt hayes or him who does extreme fishing robson green the geordie? I dont buy mags noadays read everything online gofishing mostly but got stalled of it ask a question and nobody replies for days!!! reading online is cheaper too apart from the internet bill its free and learn quite a bit (always learning) do we have a features and articles bit cant see it on the menu

Jimmy savile he was the last famous person I saw running past me oh and her from emmerdale jimmy's wife? bob from the cafe too all keen runners

blackout

Reaction score
Jan Porter (or someoen who claimed to be him) posted a bit on here a few years back
Hello lord paul you look familiar? a real famous lord perhaps?
Jan Porter from Nottingham? NO! seriously that guys a legend if it was him, use a good bait and you can concentrate on the rigs and watercraft no need to worry about anything else if the baits good it will always catch you some fish!

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Paul, that was Jan . . . . . .

I wasn't sure if it was him or someone using his name

---------- Post added at 11:00 ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 ----------

Hello lord paul you look familiar? a real famous lord perhaps?
Jan Porter from Nottingham? NO! seriously that guys a legend if it was him, use a good bait and you can concentrate on the rigs and watercraft no need to worry about anything else if the baits good it will always catch you some fish!

yes - I reside at Furkum Hall in Sheffield

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
What happned to him - why did he stop posting?

. . . too busy with other projects and like most really famous anglers they seem to attract a lot of dross from those who are somewhat deficient in the grey-matter department LOL

Probably the longest contributing 'famous' anlger was surely Graham Marsden before, 'retiring'

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Benny

I think Paul's style of put downs does attract those who are of the "have a go back" school

Ron was apt to start a thread and not reply to questions

Both Paul and Ron are no doubt great anglers with much to contribute and much knowledge but maybe could toned their style down a bit

benny samways

Reaction score
Well that’s kinda my point. Tone down their style! Because the bullies cant handle people acting like that, thats not very live and let live, thats letting the bullies get away with it by excusing their bullying behaviour!

The 'have a go back people' are just having a go for the sake of it, why don’t they just let paul/ron/whoever be who they are and then they be who they are? Debate insues and interest is kept. But no, the have a go back people single someone out and make it personal. They havent grown up enough to let people who have different views to them, have them.

I could go on and on but don’t want to rant (anymore).

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Benny
Often I've found Paul the one to start the "put downs" so I'd class that as a form of bullying so the have a go back can be understood, Ron well people did get on at him at the end but by failing to back up his posts or as some claimed he distorted the truth and failed to prove his words it did seem that he was the boy who cried wolf.