Fishing In Cape Town, SA

Reaction score
I'm off to Cape Town in December.

I'd appreciate some pointers on some venues to fish if anyone has been out there.

Also, are there any rules, byelaws etc that I need to be aware of?

Thanks

Matt

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Corker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I'm off to Cape Town in December.

I'd appreciate some pointers on some venues to fish if anyone has been out there.</blockquote>
Matt,I may be wrong butI think Ron has been to SA?

W

Wolfman Woody

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Keith M

Reaction score
I spent 6 weeks there once but I was in the Navy then so I only saw the insides of various drinking establishments; however Im thinking of going again to see what I missed so am lookng forward to hearing about your fishing exploits when youget back./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
I'm not specifically going for the fishing as I am going with the family, but it would be great to get a couple of days fishing with my lad while we are there.

I've fished the sea from the shore before (chuffin multipliers!) and caught loads of poisonous (so I was told) fish that just blow up into round balls as soon as you lift them out of the water.

I was hoping to get on a river somewhere as I am sure they are stuffed with fish. My farther inlaw always says that the place is so fertile if you shove a walking stick in the ground, a month later you'll have a tree.

alan

Reaction score
Matt, head to Nambia, bronze whaler sharks from the shore. they will give you a bit of a fight.

W

Wolfman Woody

Corker says "I'm not specifically going for the fishing as I am going with the family, but it would be great to get a couple of days fishing with my lad while we are there."

Thinking of going by BA? Your rod will probably end up in Bangkok.

captain carrott

Reaction score
maybe his episode has effected his memory and he's forgotten all about it.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Matt

PLEASE, PLEASE, consult with Ron by private e-mail about your trip and NOT on here

Thanks .......

(Skeleton Coast, Namibia is where you want to go)

N

Nobby C

I think you get permits/licences at the post office.I stayed near Mpelane beach and went to Kwambonambi (1 golf course,1 'pub' and some trees really) so a main city should'nt be a problem.

Don't forget your crayfishing permit too.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Matt I couldn't get the name of that resevoir out last night in Rotherham.

The brilliant bass water is Theewaterskloofdam. The large mouth bass get to 6 lbs and there is planty of them. The last time I fished this water was in 1991. It's about the size of Rutland Water and it's not all that far from Capetown.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

About 11/2 hours drive from CT near Villiersdorp. I remember Villiersdorp very well. Not many people speak English in this area.