Robson Green to front new DUNLOP tackle range

Reaction score

sam vimes

Reaction score
Dunlop, yet another recognisable brand (Karrimor, Slazenger and Carlton being amongst others) name being milked for all it's worth by Mike Ashley's Sports Direct. Why anyone would buy Dunlop branded fishing gear is quite beyond me though. Still, not nearly as incomprehensible as buying something because it's fronted by Robson Green.:eek:

Reaction score
I really do hope that all this 'tackle for the masses' that we are seeing now doesn't push out the established quality tackle brands - it really will be a step backwards for us.

sam vimes

Reaction score
People like cheap stuff, it's the way of the world. I doubt it'll have a massive impact. The custom that they'll attract won't be much different to that already in love with the likes of Dragon Carp, which Sports Direct have just bought anyway. Those that were unlikely to buy from Dragon Carp are just as unlikely to buy their fishing gear from Sports Direct.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Hopefully no 'inflated' prices, ideal for re'tyre'd people who have to get a 'grip and 'tread' carefully monetarily, and as you say your Lordshipness, it could be a 'Kwikfit' for newbies.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Perhaps they will do a superior line in silicon rubber. pole elastic and rubber flaot stops as for Robson Green why anyone would want him to front any product is beyond me, except maybe loud hailers .

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
Most people will buy a brand name they know, like a Bush TV, although they are probably 10 owners away from the original, are cr&p and produced in Turkey. The same company used to provide equipment for JVC, Panasonic and Sony!

As the majority of 'anglers' will as likely only go fishing half a dozen times a year 'DUNLOP' will probably do quite well.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I've heard that Stirling is going to be the front man for Fox's new range of tyres:wh
Jerry

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I'd tread carefully before commenting. Poor Robson is probably under a lot of pressure. Let's hope he's not a let down...

Bluenose

Reaction score
Dunlop Greenflash trainees.

Just checked and you can still get them!

Judas Priest

Reaction score
God help us if the general public think this clown represents the face of anglers and angling.