nice pics..

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Very nice photos the water quality must be good for it to hold grayling it is great that in this day and age that a little stream like this holds such a variety of fish .

laguna

Reaction score
That camera looks the business doesn't it?

Stunning pics indeed Peter, fascinating insight into the aquatic life of an unlikely looking urban stream.

I will look forward to seeing the final documentary, we need more of this kind of thing :w

B

Berty

That camera looks the business doesn't it?

Stunning pics indeed Peter, fascinating insight into the aquatic life of an unlikely looking urban stream.

I will look forward to seeing the final documentary, we need more of this kind of thing :w

He should win a prize!

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think the barbel has a serious problem....looks half dead to me.

nicepix

Reaction score
Before I came over to France I used to fish places like that.

There is a stream near Barnsley that goes under the M1 and there is a trout just inside the tunnel that went a touch over 2lbs. I got another one just a bit smaller using a 7' whip from the pound shop. The fish was under a bridge made out of railway sleepers and the rod bent right around it, tip under the water. There is another road bridge very near some fishing ponds where the river runs through a tunnel under the road. There are chub in that tunnel over 3lb. As the stream flows owards the Dearne it runs over gravel shallows no more than 3' wide by 6" deep and there are more dace than water.

The best free grayling fishing in Yorkshire has got to be the River Don running through the industrial heart of Sheffield. There is one stretch that runs between the Trebor factories, a fenced in corridor not much wider than the river itself with factory walls towering above, fork lift trucks running over the bridges and the river is teeming with trout and grayling. Good barbel too.

Urban fishing is much under rated.

Last edited: