It Helps To Be Bonkers...

B

binka

At last i'm off for a week and in pursuit of the five or six species I want to complete my list for the calendar year.

From Trent piking last weekend to the local dam this afternoon with the sole aim of catching a minnow and a stickleback!

Can't honestly say i've ever set out to catch either and often cussed 'em, what's the betting they're nowhere to be seen now I want one?

Roll on Monday... grayling on the Derwent :)

Anyone else ever set themselves any daft angling goals and did you achieve them?

chav professor

Reaction score
50 chub over 4lb in a calender year!!! Trounced it:D:D:D:D Currently of 61 (10 of which were over 5lb).... still a few weeks left to add an illusive 'six'. And yes, it does help if your bonkers....... It takes up a considerable amount of my allocated free time. Must never neglect by beautiful Mrs and spending time with my wonderful son - which in comparison is priceless!

laguna

Reaction score
We had our own 'rod race' a couple of years ago and did quite well despite the unrealistic targets we set ourselves.

However amongst our targets; I still haven't seen a stickleback for years although we did catch a bullhead on a old match hook size 27's with single white maggot but the stone loach is ever elusive...

Bonkers, it helps to be!

peterjg

Reaction score
Bonkers? - yes I definately qualify! A few years ago I set myself the challenge of catching a 40lb plus carp from a difficult 50 acre pit - finally did it after 247 nights spread over several summers! I'm now after a 3lb roach - don't hold your breath! Perhaps I should take up golf - NO - that really is bonkers.

B

binka

As an update to yesterdays challenge I failed miserably but took what I think might be the smallest roach ever taken on rod and line, i've uploaded a picture into my photo album on profile page.

I did think that my days of size 24 hooks were numbered after fumbling around for fifteen minutes trying to tie a hooklength with cold and clumsy fingertips.

It was the Trent at first light today where I blanked on the pike, two guys up at Newark from Norwich fished overnight and also blanked with the preds, it was going to be the Derwent tomorrow but might have to be Tuesday as I need an extra day to warm up! :eek: