Fake Tackle

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Does it go on or not is the simple question?, as I reckon I have a couple of fake reels in my possesion and was wondering if anyone else has bought fakeor suspected something was not quite right with the product they have bought .
I am particularly suspicious over market stalls and the internet. So come on fellas tell all.Am I right in smelling a rat? and should I contact the brand company?

Dave German

Reaction score
If your suspicious contact the company, although most companys now are having their stuff made in the same factorys.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Thanks Dave ,I got the reels second hand last year so no massive lost, but they just seem really badly made and when I was browsing a catalogue I came across what was supposed to be the same reel alarm bells rang as they look like they are made from different materials from the picture .
I shall be contacting the company and will send one off if they wish as if it is not dodgy the reel was badly badly made ,but I reckon fake.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

What make of reel are you talking Gav?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I bought this Harrison rod --but I have my doubts about it (It cost me £120)

What do you think --Is it genuine ??????????
fishingrod.jpg

B

Bill Cox

If you were sus about them Gav why did you buy them? presumably you handled them first ?

Reaction score
I went to a carboot sale a few months ago and picked up a reel i thort he was asking alot off money for i asked if it had a spare spool he said no and the reason he was askig so much money was because it was loaded with 20 ld braid . I said yes but the first thing i would do is take the old line off and replace it with new line he then said well then if you dont wont it and ignored me. I think there are alot of dodgy second hand dealers out there
ed I dont think you could have got a better rod to suit your fishing ?

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Paul I will email it you.
Bill I bought from a mate who had purchased from the market but he wanted some Stratos so I bought them from him and having never handled baitrunners before and having only ever used ten pound reels myself I had nothing to compare quality with and I know for definate my mate purchased then thinking they were the real deal as they were not massivly discounted from your average tackle shop price.
Brendan I shall be a bit more careful from now on but thinking about it they copy everything even medicines so why not the massive tackle industry.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

So what make of reel were they supposed to be Gav ??

Then we can all be on our look-out for any dodgy ones ........

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Not sure whether I should say Ed as I am not 100 percent sure whether they are ,but I reckon they are ,I am going to contact the supposed maker and see what they say.
I would have thought there might have been a few more replies if this sort of thing was rife though so maybe I am wrong .

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Check your garage Cakey, it probably is yours...............the government should never have allowed scousers to have cars and leave Liverpool on day trips !!!.

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ed wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I bought this Harrison rod --but I have my doubts about it (It cost me £120)

What do you think --Is it genuine ??????????
fishingrod.jpg

</blockquote>
You know Dr. Steve Harrison as well, Ed. Is this a new model of his to replace the Chimera?

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Are you lot taking the piff,they were nothing like that as they were blue and I got no mousy thing with mine,serious thread this though lads I have sent them an email !!!

NIGE K

Reaction score
what reels are they we cant give an oppinion if we dont know what they are.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Nige, I have sent an email to the company and think I should leave it at that.
The reason I put the thread up was to see if anyone else had doubts about tackle they have bought ,I honestly thought there would have been alot of people so maybe I am wrong hence the question mark in the title.Maybe the quality of branded gear is not upto scratch?

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

I bought some maggots and they were deffinately fake.