pods

mike reffold

Reaction score
I bought my self ajrc exta light euro pod of ebay for 30£ and im very imprest with it ,it came in a nice bag and it can be used any where, on the bank, hard standing, its brilliant.

Reaction score
Yes, but as a skilled angler you could catch fish without one.

I think Adam's point was related to beginners thinking they have to have all 'the gear' to catch a carp.

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>CAKEY ........ wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>in fact I love my pod</blockquote>
From what I gather, you have an unhealthy love for your pod and you need help.

Adam Roberts

Reaction score
i will admit t i use one for my barbel fishing but not carp,

i no a rate good engineer who made some nice stainless bankls stick at work in works time useing there matterials /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifas in i made my own if you are from yorkshire you wud undrestand

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"whats up withe single bank sticks . . . "

Nothing at all really providing they are used without a buzzer bar attached. In my experience they can easily twist when experiencing a run and then they become pretty unstable.

If used with a single bite indicator attached then I use this set-up whenever i can even though I have a Fox Euro Pod, which is an excellent piece of kit, but not in the price range of the original poster.

C

Cakey

when you pay 150 squids for a pod you have to have a love affair with it !

mike reffold

Reaction score
hey adam its the scottish that wont spend a pound if a penny will do so dont let the yorky,s down mate .i agree with peter are unstable and do twist about even with buzzbars. Neilgood on yer mate get yourself a pod and you wont go wrong./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Adam Roberts

Reaction score
single bank sticks means single bank stick buzz bar are not a option at all the vast majority of my carp fishing is in weedy lakes and fishing with tight cluches no baitrunners.pod get draged in buzz bar twist like you said single stick are the way foward, for fish welfare as well i have never seen i rod draged in of single stick but i have seen lots go in from pods and buzz bars

mike reffold

Reaction score
adam what make of pod have you seen go in the lake,if its set up correctley its highley unikely itll go in. fishing with tight clutches and no baitrunner, a good fish will pull it all in even if you tie it to your bivvey lol.Seriously not everyone fishes in conditions your fishing in , I do alot of night fishing and a jrc pod +buz-bar and buzzers is a rule on our lake. and I dont have any problems.

Adam Roberts

Reaction score
i will start with fox one just about ever thing they make other than sky pod and quattro, i have had my horrizon pod go over when flood water barbel fishing more than once.

have seen one of them all singing all dancimg solar globtrotter go for a swim when it was set up on a plat form oh yeh and it was nailed down with u nails

B

Bill Cox

pods are brillient at what they do but sticks are the way for no compromise presentation. Wherever the ground alows me i always use single sticks.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
i use single bank sticks to space my rods as i try to fish 3 where allowed but have a pod only for venues with hard ground in the swims.

stephen webb

Reaction score
Surely the way ahead is to have the option to use either method, stick or pod, especially as many waters have wooden or concrete platforms that you have to fish from where a stick isn't much good.

Stephen