Predator Lures 2012

paulgreenacre

Reaction score
Paul shows you his 6 favourite pike lures that have caught him hundreds of pike, perch and other predators. They include mepps, flying C's , rapalas and shads.

[ame=http://youtu.be/KQXZjSmqRQk]Pike Lures 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
And he's caught hundreds of pike, it just don't sit right with me. I just hope he's not repeating his previous mistakes, if so he deserves all he gets.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
And he's caught hundreds of pike, it just don't sit right with me.
Oh come on Derek, that's his entire lure collection, most probably. :) Bet he don't know the difference between a Colorado and a willow spoon on a spinner. He says his plastic jig looks like a perch, cobblers - this looks like a perch -
files.php

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It is very sad that someone with so little knowledge thinks he can advise other people on the subject of lure fishing or any other type of fishing, except fishing for compliments, he is a lemon of the first water.

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Only because he seems to believe that his way ''is the right way''. And this, despite input from pike anglers of experience who, to put it bluntly, are ''offended'' by certain aspects of his video's. And this at a time when organisations such as the PAC are constantly striving to bring pike angling out of the Dark Age.

Finally I might make mention of one aspect of his video's that particularly effected me, in a negative sense. In his forward to the video, Mr Greenacre makes mention of the need for beefy gear, that being the case why did he overplay the fish for an extended period. Perhaps an earlier comment of ''grandstanding'' fits the bill better than any words of mine.

Reaction score
Lets see how many comments we can get in before it gets closed down :p

Only because he seems to believe that his way ''is the right way''. And this, despite input from pike anglers of experience who, to put it bluntly, are ''offended'' by certain aspects of his video's. And this at a time when organisations such as the PAC are constantly striving to bring pike angling out of the Dark Age.

Chris this explains, more succinctly than anything I could write, why the mods. pulled the pike videos. And I am led to believe we were not the first website to do so.

In addition PG was informed of the mods decision and was comfortable with that decision

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

Last edited:

chris hall

Reaction score
Hello Paul,
What I had written was by no means a poke at the moderators on here, it is just my humour and is not meant to be of any offense. I do believe the person in question should be removed from the forum and any other forum he posts these self portrail of bad fish welfare. He obviously thinks it is perfectly ok to behave in this manner, which is horrifying. Also as he doesn't heed any feedback, banning him from every forum probably won't stop him from fishing in the manner he is happy to do so. I think, if at all possible someone should look into where this guy fishes, and report him to the controlling body of these waters. It is bad enough that we are loosing these precious and fragile fish to the Eastern Europeans, without this kind of ignorance happening too.
Chris.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There is a woman on You Tube that just slags of famous Chefs including Marco Pierre White, she says he walked out of catering collage because they tried to make him use stock cubes. Marco never went to Collage, (She was trying to slag him off about advertising a famous brand of stock cube!) He actually started as an apprentice in an hotel kitchen in Harrogate near his home town of Leeds and as used stock cubes for years!
Just an analogy on how folk post videos on You Tube just for self gratification and to show off without getting their facts straight in the first place...Or, do these people do it on purpose just to wind everyone else up? There are hundreds an hundreds of Fishing vids on You Tube that are just full of utter tosh and should be taken off!

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Marco never went to Collage, (She was trying to slag him off about advertising a famous brand of stock cube!) He actually started as an apprentice in an hotel kitchen in Harrogate near his home town of Leeds and as used stock cubes for years!
Do you know him Mark? (Sorry to go off-thread.)

Marco is one of our members, an 'Honorary Member' if you will since he would never get his hand in his pocket and pay (typical Yorkshireman :)). He used top fish our weir a lot about 10 years ago, pike fishing of course, drove the lockkeeper crazy because he used to walk across the weir and fish from the gantry and steps. Eventually they put up a notice to try and stop him, but that didn't do any good either, but when he sees it he always calls it 'His notice'. Earlier this year I met Michel Roux Jnr and told him about Marco having fished there and he even related the story of fishing from the gantry. Seems Marco told everyone.

jeff-woodhouse-albums-strange-things-seen-whilst-fishing-picture3352-dscf2462small.jpg

L-R Myself, Marco and Frank Guttfield, taken on my camera by Marco's press agent (I think he was) in 2009.

He's OK, not the devil you see in the kitchen, but then we only talk about fishing... Don't see him often enough nowadays otherwise he could help me with the annual barbeque. ;) :D :wh

Last edited:

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi Jeff,
I have admired Marco for years but I have never met him. To me Marco has always come across as just a down to earth, honest and sincere type of bloke and not the nasty arrogant Chef that the press like to think of him. I read his autobiography not long ago and the sadness he has suffered all his life from the loss of his mum at the age of six had me in tears.
If you look on You Tube and type in Marco Pierre White and Gordon Ramsay fishing you will see them on a weir Apron pike fishing (is that the weir you mean) and it is so funny to see Gord running after him like a little kid!!