Good morning from Italy

Reaction score
I am a fisher from Florence

I would like to join in this Forum

I fish with Bolognese technique.

The fishes that i fish are : Barbel and Chub.

Sorry for my bad English

Attachments

• Virtuosismi Settembrini 012.jpg
    Virtuosismi Settembrini 012.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 63
Reaction score
Welcome..... Chub in Italy!!!! I am impressed. What techniques are popular in Italy?

Why are you impressed?

In Italy chub is a native fish! It is considered the most crafty fish to fish with a maggot.

Most popular technique in Italy is " Bolognese " , do you know it?

Are very famous, in our country, even your techniques : " Ledgering " , " English Style " ( I don't know the real name, we use this one to describe your short rods with rings ) and it is even famous the french rod called " Roubasienne "

I was born in 1956, i fish since 1962 and my favourite technique is the " Bolognese " that is a rod with rings, long between 4 and 10 meters with reel.

My english is so bad and, just saying, who is writing this post is my son Matteo.

chav professor

Reaction score
I did not know Chub where native to Italy! I have been to Italy but sadly never fished there - lake Garda and combo. It would be good for you to share your ideas. we could learn from each other.

This Chub came from a lake in switzerland.

minjaswisschub.jpg

The man holding the fish is called Minja. He was fishing with my friend near Interlaken. This was his first ever fish - it weighs 3.26kg!!

Reaction score
I did not know Chub where native to Italy! I have been to Italy but sadly never fished there - lake Garda and combo. It would be good for you to share your ideas. we could learn from each other.

This Chub came from a lake in switzerland.

minjaswisschub.jpg

The man holding the fish is called Minja. He was fishing with my friend near Interlaken. This was his first ever fish - it weighs 3.26kg!!

In lake Garda there are chub of the same seize of that one in the photo, but they are very rare.

A chub of 3kg is the dream of all italian fishers! In Italy, chub, dont " Grow up " as in england, your records of more than 4kg are, for us, unreachable.

Soon i will start a discussion in the forum to explain our tecnhique of fishing! ;)

chav professor

Reaction score
In lake Garda there are chub of the same seize of that one in the photo, but they are very rare.

A chub of 3kg is the dream of all italian fishers! In Italy, chub, dont " Grow up " as in england, your records of more than 4kg are, for us, unreachable.

Soon i will start a discussion in the forum to explain our tecnhique of fishing! ;)

Look forward to it!!!

flightliner

Reaction score
zacarria.-- Welcome, I was in Italy last week, Milan to be precise.
There are some nice looking canals, lakes and land drains in and around the town.
It would be nice to get my gear over there and fish.
T he best I could do last week was to go to the San Siro to watch inter beat Sampdoria 3-1. Great place tho and the crowds were great.
Maybe next may when I go again but then I will be in venito---any good fishing up that way???