A suggestion

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
As more of us head of around the world, is it perhaps time to start a new forum category: 'fishing overseas' . Graham?

The Monk

Reaction score
we have French Carp fishing of course, would this be included or would be be looking at more exotic sps

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Difficult this one. As Monk says, carp fishing in France has almost become a case of fishing just a bit further south.

Let's hear some more suggestions, ideas, etc.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Can't say I am all that interested either but there again I am only one person and there are many who do like reading about fishing in foreign lands but the question is would there be enough material for it. Maybe Magicalia could pay for4 anglers a month to go and fish for certain species in foreign climes with the proviso they each write an article it on their return. Sounds good to me, can I go to Florida please?

C

Cakey

I love fishing in France .........................but its so boring reading about it ,so I dont

C

Cakey

but saying that I like reading of other exploits that are not all about thesize of fish

njb51

Reaction score
Wouldn't interest me....unless I happened to be going to the country in question.

The Monk

Reaction score
I would think the idea was inspired by Ricks excellent thread, but Ricks work with the stingray is pretty much stand alone, cutting edge stuff anyway which I would imagine would appeal to a large ordience

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"Ron could fill it with tales of..."

Yeah, go on, encourage him why don't you.

Geeeesh!

Cakey says:

"but saying that I like reading of other exploits that are not all about the size of fish "

Well, we are being taken to the Lido this evening by a Contractor, so I'll do a special report for you tomorrow if you like.

[insert U_No_Wot - - - - > HERE ]

B

Bully

Well an absolute yes from me. Especially given as a site we were quick to slate someone recently who has turned out to be a pioneer.

Overseas is a bit more than fishing in France. And it can be a place where peeps ask about fishing around the world. Ioften travel abroadon business and would love the oppo to ask experiences if I have a spare day.

Plus, it could draw in contributions from anglers outside the UK (which could be good for Graham/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif) otherwise we are just UK centric....

......and how about getting other information like local angling "politics" you never know we may learn something that helps.

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Bully wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quoteheader></blockquote><blockquote class=quoteheader></blockquote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Are you sure about this next statement????? /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote><blockquote class=quoteheader></blockquote><blockquote class=quoteheader></blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Overseas is a bit more than fishing in France. </blockquote>

Reaction score
France hits the nail on the head precisley for me Posh Paws. If I was stood on top of the cliffs at dover and someone said, "what's that over the sea?", then I would reply,"that's France mate", and he would say, "oh, thanks".

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

May be I'm a 'little englander' but fishing outside of the UK has never interested me, except for articles in the CSG magazine about chub fishing on the Scandinavian rivers. The site of big foreign carp and cat fish leave me cold.

Even the front covers of C.A.T. have startedto irritate me;big fat, scaleless, whiskered creatures are not my cup of tea, some nice fish though/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Matt Corker wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>How about a section about Stergeon fishing on the Harrison River in British Columbia?</blockquote>
Yes I`d find that interesting too, these are the white sps, we saw one last time we were over there, awesome creatures