PaSC Annual Dam Flask Tea Dance

Reaction score
Port and Stilton Club Annual Dam Flask Event

61435_4392649848880_1903388758_n.jpg

View image in gallery

(in ascending order – Bluenose, Corkers, Lord Paul, Steve King, Poshpaul, Dangermouse )

The bulk of this Booker Prize entry is written by Lord Paul - the real truth is included by Posher's italicised drivel

September a month that heralds the change of seasons, blackberries are ripening, squirrels are storing their nuts for winter and PaSC hold their annual fish-in at Dam Flask.
In previous years the water level has been lower than a South African batsman's average but this time the Dam was full and members of the PaSC could fish from the bank rather than from something that looked like the Somme.
Lord Paul arrived at 8:45 at Sheffield station to pick up Danger Mouse (Neil) as agreed, at first Lord Paul mistook the gangly bloke with a fishing holdall for Peter Crouch dressed as a tramp but soon Neil's gear was loaded in to the car and off they set (well after Lord Paul made several illegal manoeuvres, cutting across lanes, turned right at a "No right Turn" sign and through a red light, with Neil's face turning from a pasty pale to red with fear faster than a ginger in the sun)

Arriving at the bank side Spiders pointed to the right and said "There are some good swims up there", then the rest waited until Lord Paul had put his gear in a swim to the right and then they headed to the left - buggers!

Lord Paul loaded up the butler chimp and followed the others.
Corky selected a stretch of bankside where we could all fish within sight of each other (Corky always does this since he was once nearly taken by a kestrel). And so with the water looking good having a slight ripple and a bit of colour we cast in and sat back and waited for the first bite, and waited and waited and waited.

Finally Neil caught a small skimmer and to mark that occasion Poshers and Bluenose turned up at last Bluenose being from Liverpool had insisted they stop to look at a car parked up on a piece of wasteland that wasn't on bricks). (he won’t like that!!! Poshers) ,

As a member of the academic community Poshers had seen our cars parked by the side of the road next to an opening in the fence and decided that we must have walked miles away and be fishing as far from the cars as we could and set of to search for us. In the course of this wandering, Poshers stumbled and fell down the steep side of the Dam Flask and was only saved by Bluenose grabbing his Rod holdall (some say Bluenose saved Poshers, other say he was just making a grab for the holdall as Poshers went for a swim!)

I would like to point out that Bluenose’s feigned concern for me was merely jealousy at the loving care and attention the passing lady jogger was lavishing upon me…..blooming fish on the brain that Bluenose….I could have pulled you know!!!

Arriving late there were limited swims and Bluenose selected on a swim behind a bush and set out to fish for perch, whilst Poshers set up in the swim with the sloppy rain-sodden dog turd .

(The fools were unaware it was my mark as to the prebaited swim…..I mean who would choose to fish next to doggy do)

Steve King had made the mistake of leaving his landing net at home, but as it turned out it wasn't needed as all 3 of his fish from the day did not add up to 1lb (8oz and that’s generous!)

The fishing was slow, well I say slow it was non- existent, with only 1 fish apiece before lunch for each angler, well I say each angler, Corky stoutly refused to catch blaming his lack of bites on his wheat intolerance.
Lunch was taken at 1pm and we all broke to enjoy homemade scotch eggs (all except Corky with his wheat intolerance), pork pie (all except Corky with his wheat intolerance), stilton and crackers (all except Corky with his wheat intolerance) all washed down by port (all except Corky with his wheat intolerance) Corky enjoyed a lunch of figs, fruit and brie. (Little Chef market this as a RonBrunch)

At this point big thanks to our Southern Hemisphere member Chevin who kindly supplied the bottle of port.

After lunch, with the swims rested, it was believed the fishing would improve - this was not to be and only a handful of fish between all the members of the PaSC (all except Corky with his wheat intolerance)
At 5pm with the rain set in for the day it was decided to call an end to the fishing and hand out the prizes, just then Poshers hooked his second bream of about 3lb and was given 30 seconds to land it due to the match being over, sadly he didn't land it with in the time limit and it was disqualified by Spiders .

So all anglers having caught (all except Corky with his wheat intolerance) we made our way back to the cars for the prize giving. With so many top quality prizes to win the was much anticipation and the guard chimps struggled to keep the crowd in order

Poshers claimed the Lord's Chalice for biggest fish (claiming both the 3lb bream did count) and the Damm Flask (filled with whisky) for the best dive of the day (*it is/was filled with whisky)

The Butler's Bell was still with Swordsy (who could not attend)

New member Neil won the Corky Jug,and a bait apron a for the angler who most looked like Peter Crouch

Lord Paul won the Maid’s Goblet for catching the only perch of the day

Steve King won the Chris Worth Tankard for the excellent scotch eggs and homemade cherry cake he brought

Spider won a small tankard; Posher’s Port Pot, for services to the PaSC and immediately insisted we fill it with £10 notes

Eddie walked away with the Deluxe Teapot and half of Poshers fishing gear (well he is from Cheshire – new stereotype!!)

Corky was given a shoe box containing a surprise – yes….a bag of wheatos

Non-members and failed members are always welcome to attend these events – the fees are prohibitive and the fishing is occasionally taken seriously but the food and the banter …………………………….makes it hardly worth turning up.

So it is just about right for you lot!!!

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
liked the group photo....

in ascending order- failed big perch angler, the kid from the Avanti catalogue, Tweedledum or tweedledee not sure which, Steve King is Steve King innit, comptetent angler who has been known to blank, and yep, have to agree Peter Crouch...
wheres del?

nicepix

Reaction score
liked the group photo....

in ascending order- failed big perch angler, the kid from the Avanti catalogue, Tweedledum or tweedledee not sure which, Steve King is Steve King innit, comptetent angler who has been known to blank, and yep, have to agree Peter Crouch...
wheres del?

I was thinking rather more.............

images

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I like the idea of this, very partial to a bit of Stilton me, but even more partial to some of those triple cream cheeses the Chef supplies.

Reaction score
Brilliant write-up Paul :)

Had no idea Eddy Cactus had ebbed so much in height!!! :eek:

Are Toffees usually so tidal?

Well done to Corky... shoebox shortages are the bane of his life now his 'bog in a bag' sponsorship has lapsed...

Well done Mrs.King on the cakes, and Pirate Del for increasing the PaSC fees for the umpteenth year in a row :)

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
Having read the diatribe, sorry, that should be dialogue, I am utterly devasted that I missed this opportunity to participate in such a prestigious competition and sincerely hope I will not have to assemble furniture when this event takes place next year, just expecting a few more pics (given the quality of fish caught):D;)

Seriously, sounds like pretty tough fishing guys, well done to all :)

Reaction score
just expecting a few more pics

Oddly enough those with cameras seemed very reluctant to photograph my bream. I am sure it was out of respect for my loathing of being photographed rather than pique that a man in growing pain from the actions of a rogue root (despite the ministrations of an angelic jogger) was still able to launch his feeder to the stygian depths where the bigger fish lay! No pain no gain!!!

Reaction score
They are technically cunning scales....he has them doctored so that for every vast over-weighing of each minnow he gets any he weighs for his friends has a corresponding under-weighing. Therefore, if some officious type seeks to check his scales when he puts in yet another PB, the scales seem to be spot-on when checked!

Chevin

Reaction score
I was sad to see Lord Paul in bib and brace overalls in the picture, I fully expected to see him in his robes with an ermine cape, a crown studded with jewels and with a purple silk lining. I can only assume that times are tough for the aristocracy as well, so I have decided to graciously donate the latest offer of money I have received so that he can dress more in accordance with his position rather than like a bog cleaner. Just follow the instructions and get Spiders to tell you how to swindle this woman out of all of her money. He is good at doing that as I know to my cost! :(

Dearest one,

I am Miss Anna Grant foreign nationality of Indonesia, I am 19yrs old and still schooling, my parents has gone to glory since 2010,Before the death of my parent they deposited the Sum of US$9,500,000:00m on a Fixed Deposit with a BANK in Ghana. Since after they died, life has been so difficult for me because am waiting for the maturity of the fixed deposit made, it is by the special grace of god that the BANK has agreed to release the fund to me due to co-family workers who almost killed me because of the money with the BANK Firm , and the BANK Firm summoned me to come forward with my own appointed guardianship or legal trustee for the claims of this Money.

Due to my age and my status as a student, I cannot meet up with the legal processes which will facilitate the release of this fund, so I therefore bring this vital information to you believing that you will be of great assistance to me in transferring this fund to a foreign country for safety and for lucrative investment purposes for my future.

All I required from you is to assist me and stand as my legal trustee and guardianship to receive this fund in any newly opened foreign account in your country to avoid loosing this money because that is only my hope in this life, because I am a foreigner and my parents are late and no more. however, all legal claims documents were given to me with acknowledgement from the BANK Firm.

I have plans to continue my Education and invest in your country with your kind support in businesses like real estate where the funds will keep growing for our benefit.

Please contact me urgently for further vital details

May god bless you

Regards
Miss Anna Grant

Last edited:

Morespiders

Reaction score
Spoken to Anna, she's now a fully paid up member of PaSC, thanks for the lead Chev.

PS
You owe me £27-97p for the phone call.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I have decided to graciously donate the latest offer of money I have received so that he can dress more in accordance with his position rather than like a bog cleaner.
He dresses like a bog cleaner, Ian, because he is a bog cleaner! :)
At this point big thanks to our Southern Hemisphere member Chevin who kindly supplied the bottle of port.

Just noticed the above. Well done Ian, tis the only way Australia could get rid of that imitation Portuguese gut rot and the members of PaSC are the only ones in the world with so little taste they wouldn't know the difference from meths. :) I bet the postage cost far more than the port.

Chevin

Reaction score
He dresses like a bog cleaner, Ian, because he is a bog cleaner! :)[/QOUTE]

But I thought he was The Lord of Sheffield - real member of the aristocracy, I think you are pulling my plonker! :eek:

[QUOTEJust noticed the above. Well done Ian, tis the only way Australia could get rid of that imitation Portuguese gut rot and the members of PaSC are the only ones in the world with so little taste they wouldn't know the difference from meths. :) I bet the postage cost far more than the port.

But I thought he was The Lord of Sheffield - real member of the aristocracy, I think you are pulling my plonker! :eek:

Actually, the port I sent was brewed in the back of a house in Bury Park in Luton. Good Australian ports are far too good to send abroad. We know that those who prefer so called "Real ale" would never be able to appreciate the fantastic ports we produce here. Actually, Lord Paul's reaction to the port I sent did make me wonder a little bit because he told me that it tasted like bog water. :eek:

Last edited:

Chevin

Reaction score
Spoken to Anna, she's now a fully paid up member of PaSC, thanks for the lead Chev.

PS
You owe me £27-97p for the phone call.

Good news for the PaSC! My Mrs was cleaning out her hand bag when she found a bit of what looked like a screwed up bit worthless paper. She smoothed it out and it turned out to be a £10 note. So if you have a fish in for 2013, we will donate it for a bottle of port again. The only thing is Spider, I need more than your word regarding the event. I am sure that you will understand that your love for money does put your honesty in doubt at times. :). Not that I am accusing you of anything of course. :D :wh