How is the Trent fishing now its cold?

Jack Sales

Reaction score
Hello there fellow fisher folk. Was just wondering if any locals to the tidal knew how things have been fishing lately? Im trapped in otterland, sorry norfolk, so have to travel now for my barbel fix. Caught loads in the summer, but was wondering what the river is like at the moment?
Cheers.

johnnyfby

Reaction score
This week should be ok pal, look for warm nights and warm days, ie over freezing by night and anything over 6C preferably 8C for a few days, mix that with warm water and fill your boots.
Good scent trail up to an hour per cast and they will come....well eventually.

stuart mitchell

Reaction score
i take it you mean collingham......has dropped off in the last week or two.....but fish still to be had....head for the deeper water....and be patient....if the river is running clear...then i would suggest fishing maggot.....stay away from ground bait and pellet/boily untill the river gets some water and colors up a bit.....dont offer to much feed...esp at low temps.....but regardless of conditions...it will produce fish if you are in the right area....although once the water temp drops below about 6dgs..you will start to struggle...good luck....

Jack Sales

Reaction score
Cheers for the heads up guys, well this week looks ok at the moment with this sw weather system blowing in. Hopefully it lasts untill i can get off work!

cookie44

Reaction score
going to fish rolleston and fiskerton mon @ tuesday any body know if roach are showing ?