New Nash Brollies

N

Nick Gardner

Hi All,

I know there is a lot of Fox product loving people giving info on this site but as I have just completely totaled my Viper by snapping 3 of the ribs just under the section they join to at the top of the bivvy, I was thinking about getting a Groundhog as I have been reading more and more about people moving out of Bivvys and going to Brollies as you get an all round better view of the water etc and are alot easier to carry round. With the warm weather hopefully around the corner, I don't think I'll be missing my old Titan Viper for a while, but still gutted at a ?320 bivvy ready for the bin....... :(

R

Rob Thompson

Nick

Go for something from the Aqua products range, by far and away the best shelters out there. They manufacture different styles, brolly syatems and the new armadillo bivvy. I use a Nash Oval myself but when it needs replacing it will be with one of Aqua's - all british built and of a far higher quality than Fox, Nash etc.

If you are interested I know of a 60" Oval brolly system with in-fill panels, poles and mossie net that has been used three times. The whole cost ?400 + last spetember and he wants ?280 for it.

Mail me if you are interested.

Rob

rob@game-online.co.uk

R

Rob Thompson

Nick

Forgot to mention the system for sale is actually the Aqua 60".

Rob

C

Colin Jones

I would not touch another nash bivvy if it was the last one on earth. I bought a titan all season 2000 for ?300 then after spending another ?50 on the nessesary metalware to set it up properly I thought I was the mutts nuts in it for 18 months or so
untill the leg broke and the tapes fell off leaving nice puddles on the bed chair.A leg set me back ?20 and a re-taping service for nash would cost me ?35 .(I got myself a viper wnter skin and made a bar to put on the front to extend the canopy ?50 cheaper tha a extreme canopy at ?100.)Totaling that litte lot up ?505 thats a fair few cypry domes for 4 years fishing .When you think you're buying the best and paying top money
it should be top quailty product without paying out for 'optional extras' like real bivvy pegs and storm caps etc.Im no full timer i only fish odd weekends and i take very good care of my kit its not like it gets a hammering....sorry ive jumped down off that soap box now.....

A

Alan Roe

I hate to say this guys but go and take a close look at the Badger stuff especially their bivvies and their new oval brollie I have just sent Graham a review of the latter.
It may not be British made but it is sound gear solidly constructed at very low prices