Another Newbie!!

richard1004

Reaction score
Good evening guys!

I'm new to the forum (obviously I guess, hence the title!!) and am just wanting to say hi, and maybe ask a small piece of advice...

Having had an abstinence of around 3 years (poor skills I know, heckle me all you like!!) Ive now decided its time to dust off the old kit and get back in the water. However having previously been a general coarse fisherman, Ive now decided to try my hand at something a little larger in the form of specimen carp. So, in reality, my old kit is pretty much superfluous, and I essentially need to buy everything! :eek:mg:

My biggest query here is which rod to part cash with, I've been into the local tackle shops and handled a few and given my budget (under £100 per rod) I've narrowed it down to four:

Greys Prodigy GT3
Daiwa Theory
Fox Warrior S
Sonik SK3

Firstly apologies if I've posted in the wrong area, and secondly all opinions welcome! Fortunately Santa is making an appearance soon and I'm hoping he has a 12ft package on board... Its just a case of which one!

Many thanks guys!!

Rich

dangermouse

Reaction score
Hi Rich, welcome to FM.

Depending on what kind of test curve you`re looking for it might be worth checking out the Daiwa Black Widow. I`ve never seen a bad review and you can pick up a set of three for £100.

richard1004

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys! Ideally I think either a 2.75lb or 3lb test curve, something that's ok to throw a bag out but be fairly forgiving when playing fish. I've got to admit, I didn't even see the black widow so it'll be back to the tackle shop on my next day off to get hands on with that!

Rich

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to FishingMagic Richard.

Now, seeing as how you still believe in Santa, I have this bridge in Brooklyn going quite cheap; interested?

Joking aside, I hope your Christmas wishes are fulfilled.