HEMP

W

Wolfman Woody

There's just been a programme on for London ITV viewers, part of the 'Tales from the Country' series, and it featured a hemp farm.

I covered hemp at collage in 196cough cough, but we only dealt with hemp rope and stuff.

I was amazed with this programme. Yes, I knew that they extract hemp oil for cooking with and it's high in omega's so healthy for you and we use hemp oil, crushed hemp, hemp paste, and normal boiled hemp for fishing, something they didn't even mention.

What facinated me though is that they can build with it by making a wattle and spraying it onto a frame. Not only is it quick it is thermally sound, more so than bricks, and it only takes half a hectare of hemp to build a house.

They can use the oil to make fuel as well, but nothing new there and it would be expensive, but they also usedit to make inner door panels for BMWs and back in the 1930s, Henry Ford built an entire car out of it and used hemp to power it.

Fascinating.

They also said that you'd need to smoke a couple fields of the stuff to get any halucinating effect from it, yet the local crackheads still nick it.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........before you know it the stuff will be back in fashion for Barbel fishing.....first Fred with his meat and now you wiv ya little omega balls, is nothing sacred! /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

Ah....................nah don't use the stuff/forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Ah ..... always have a pint or two to hand when fishing the BA.

A couple of years ago the local farmer was growing it, a neighbour, who is a nurse, was shocked to see it whilst walking her dog. She thought it was the good stuff and was about to call the drug squad when I explained about the two fields worth for getting high.

I did wonder what she had in that full shopping bag mind!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"first Fred with his meat and now you wiv ya little omega balls"

Not been peeking in the showers have you Paul?

[insert U_No_Wot - - - > HERE]