ROD LICENCE

pez

Reaction score
I applied for my new rod licence online on 23/03/08, and i haven't received it yet. Ordered a new footplate for seatbox onSunday 06/04 itarrived yesterday. Why does it take so long ???

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

bought mine online 25 - 3 - 08 recieved in post 1 - 4 - 08 no probs

BarryC

Reaction score
Went into my post office about 12.30 came out about 12.35 with it in my hand. Use it or lose it.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I always get mine from the post office too for two reasons.

A) Support you local Post Office, you never know how much longer it'll be there

B) I can walk out with my licence in my pocket, no delay/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Pez,

You don't say where you live, or work, but surely a lunchtime trip to a Post Office is not out of the question?

Currently this government is about to close upto 2,500 branches, so, its a case of 'use it or loose it'

Also, as Claudia says, you walk out a few minutes later with you new license in your wallet.

I ordered my licenses a few years ago on-line and they never arrived! Now I support my local Post Office.

NIGE K

Reaction score
i send the wife to the post office to get mine the only thing she doesnt like about it is queueing up behind wendy richards the human cannonball.

John Heelis

Reaction score
i got the misses to buy mine for me birthday!!

i did expect something else mind you........so i got her to go to asda and buy me a bottle of JD!!!

B

Bill Cox

Well i have done all three in the last three years, two years ago i bought on the phone as i have for several years prior to that, never had a problem, last year i bought from a post office as i arrived at a carp match only to realise i had not bought my licsense, quick trip up the road, credit card four minutes and i was on my way back to the lake with the liscense in my hand. This year i have bought it online, waited 4 days and recieved a nice letter from them addressed to me saying thank you for buying online etc trouble is the licsense was someone elses. Rang them up and a nice lady said she was very sorry, gave them the details and am still waiting for the right liscence to arrive 4 days later.

T

The Welsh Windbag

Funny thing is that this year I didn't get an email reminder / invitation to purchase, when I did last year. Increasing efficiency ? I think not.... or maybe my anti spam settings are too vicious.

F

Fred Bonney

I got my email reminder, two weeks after I had bought mine on-line!

B

Bill Cox

Finally got my licence this morning over ten days after going online. PO for me next year.

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Bought mine on-line and arrived only five days later.

Last year however they did send me two licenses with identical numbers ???? Showed an EA bailiff both and asked him why, no reply.

B

Bill Cox

or taken your money and squandered it on wine, women and marlin fishing.