fish ins

Az

Reaction score
whats the crack with the organised fish ins, do you keep your eye out on the forums to see when and where they areand then hopetheres room if you can make it to the venue on the date.

its just that theres that manylong time members that would go i cant see there being room for all unless it was at sea.

Reaction score
Fish-Ins are open to all FM members matey.

Sometimes due to venue rules it is on a first come first served basis (eg limited numbers)but this is always made clear on the thread.

Come along mate they are good fun, see HERE, HEREand HERE. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Az

Reaction score
They look entertaining, i'll keep my eyeball out for one. up north if it happens.

Reaction score
Swordsy will no doubt be organising a Trent shindig in the summer and there are events on various northern venues, ribble etc.

All are welcome /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
No doubt there will be a few fish-ins ooooop north Az, what kind of fishing do you do? they have fish-ins at the ribble, the Idle and lots more.

But the best ones are here down the S/W hehehe

I know, I know

jacket, shoes -----------> Exit/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Hi ****y,

Can't wait to get back on to the mighty Sabrina, she still owes me a fish /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif.

Reaction score
Claudia,

Look forward to seeing you and Mike soon, I'm at Clattercote and Sywell and I will organise an FMre-match with the mighty Severn in the autumn /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Az

Reaction score
cheers, trent sounds good to me, ive bumped into a couple before fromDVSG before on the banksand i think it would be educating to say the least.

****y,claudia im not that far up north matey's, im from gods country the mighty yorksssshire.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Az you big Jessy, what you moaning about? It's only an M....way away /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

I think Swordsy is doing a mahoosive on the Trent in July, but yes, you've got to keep your cyber eyeballs peeled when the fish-ins pop up.

It usually is first come first served, but don't think for one minute it's a closed shop cos it aint. Cough up the cash and you're in (if cash is needed in advance?) places are usually limited as ****y said. It's a tough job organising a fish-in, believe you me.

See you on the Trent /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

T

trev matthews (100M bronze)

Hello Az

"its just that theres that manylong time members that would go i cant see there being room for all unless it was at sea".

Well Az what usually happens is that when a new fish in or social is announced loads of people say they would like to go/are going and then when the organisers have sorted out venues and costs and made bookings and stuff they start dropping out.

Take todays Clattercoate teach in. 25 pegs were booked and about 15 people turned up.

However dont let that dissuade you from joining in. The next fish in type event is the Clattercoate Match on 17 May 08 then the Sywell Tench social 30 may - 01 jun 08. There will be a catfish fish in too once we decide on a suitable venue.

In summary a few people do a lot of organising and sorting out and then we turn up and enjoy ourselves, catch a few fish and meet each other.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
"In summary a few people do a lot of organising and sorting out and then we turn up and enjoy ourselves, catch a few fish and meet each other."

That's the plan Trev, can someone tell the fish that's what's meant to happen /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Shame about the turnout at Clattercote, hope you all had a great time though.

Az

Reaction score
trent sounds great for meas i have no experiance on the tidal (im presuming that itscromwell weir) i have plenty of experiance further up stream and had some great times to boot, but would like a crackat the tidal.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Your right its is usually at the weir and that stretch can take a lot of anglers.

The next Fish-in is at Press Manor, fluff chucking.

If there is somewhere you fancy having a fish in and thinck others would enjoy it then just organise on. I have never been to a bad one yet.

T

The Welsh Windbag

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Claudia Crowther wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Hi ****y,

Can't wait to get back on to the mighty Sabrina, she still owes me a fish /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif. </blockquote>Hmmm Not sure I can risk getting too close to that river Claudia.....:

"The Reverend Mayo, writing in 1914 of the riverside parish of Arley, tells that in his day the old manorial right of hanging every Welshman that dared to cross the river still existed - perhaps still remains to this day"

But seriously Az, damn good occasions wherever whenever and whatever manner of fishing it is, great to be able to put a face to a name too. Simply the best of days.....

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>The Welsh Windbag wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Claudia Crowther wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Hi ****y,

Can't wait to get back on to the mighty Sabrina, she still owes me a fish /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif. </blockquote>Hmmm Not sure I can risk getting too close to that river Claudia.....:

"The Reverend Mayo, writing in 1914 of the riverside parish of Arley, tells that in his day the old manorial right of hanging every Welshman that dared to cross the river still existed - perhaps still remains to this day"</blockquote>lol I can always adopted you for a day, that would make you a german pmsl