Landing net

Jon Warrener

Reaction score
I'm tearing my hair out trying to find the kind of net I'm after. I want a one-handed flip-up jobbie with a belt clip so I can clip it on the D-ring on the back of my fishing vest a-la John Wilson.

I don't want one of those little tennis racquet-like things cos I need to use it from the bank as well as wading.

All the ones I've seen either flip up but dpn't have the clip, or, have the clip but you need both hands to work the folding mechanism.

Does anyone knows of a net that fits the bill?

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score

Jon Warrener

Reaction score
Thanks Peter, I bought a McLean net today from Walker's Of Trowell - I'd never heard of McLean nets before, but it looks a superb piece of kit and just what I was looking for.

PS It's dead easy adding links - click on the little icon that looks like a chain next to the smiley icon. Paste the URL into the top line and type what you want the link to be called in the bottom line. Looks like this:

McLean

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Jon, I'll give it a try next time.

I've used that McLean net for quite a while and found it to be an excellent piece of kit.

I also use it when trotting for Grayling too.

Jon Warrener

Reaction score
Oh yes I've got that use in mind for it too - as well as summer lure fishing for chub and perch.