Accidental captures

The Monk

Reaction score
a 3.12oz Rudd? OK hybred maybe, took on the traditional rudd method, a popped up tiger on 18lb line, the 3oz lead fought better, a nice surpise though, especially for the fish/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Nice Rudd mate!!

I have taken a decent bream off the Severn, hooked fairly in the back of the mouth on a spinner.

Two 28lb plus carp in a session whilst breaming.

A 23lb carp whilst float fishing for roach.

Plenty of surprises whilst eeling!.....including a huge foul hooked lamprey i thought was an eel untill i grabbed it in the dark and it frightend the Sh8t outa me! /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
who's ugly mug is that in the picture?/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

-------------> Quick run to the front door?

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>JIMMY ( P A A S ) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>He,s not that quick Claudia, or is he /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif.</blockquote>I was refering to the fish muppet lol

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Oh.....and i forgot this one....it's true!!

My pal and myself were pike fishing a large Midland res for pike a few years back....the wind was horrendous and causing a huge undertow...we had to nail our deadbaits down with big leads.

My mate had a lovely slow but definate "take" on one rod....the line peeled through his fingers and he wound down to a very nice curve in his rod and he carefully played a potential big fish...having to backwind as the fish took line.

He had just took a 17 and declared this was much bigger and he couldn't bring it up.......to cut the story i waited in the water net at the ready for a huge green.........................................................................................................................................................

45inch fishermans umbrella to imerge from the depths.....covered in slime, it must have been down there for ages and the big undertow had pushed it on to my pals hooks!! it fought like a good en!!

The Monk

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Claudia Crowther wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

who's ugly mug is that in the picture?/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

-------------> Quick run to the front door? </blockquote>
that was about ten years ago and i`d been on the bank for six week solid, obviously i`m a lot better looking these days/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

6weeks!!!?? no wonder you were solid!!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Should have used her dress! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Took my lad (he was 6 at the time) maggot bashing for small roach and skimmer, he had his 6ft argos starter rod - he hook something - the line went solid and stayed on the bottom for about 5 minutes as he played it, till he gave a mighty pull and snapped the 3lb line - never knew what it was - but it wasn't a small skimmer!

C

Cakey

loads and loads

pike when Im perching

perch when Im piking

pike on boilies

carp on deadbaits

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
A passing boat when fishing from a Quay/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif.....needless to say I snapped my line/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

S

Sean Meeghan

One late spring morning my mate Pete and I were roach fishing on a slow, deep stretch of the River Endrick about a mile above where it flows into Loch Lomond. I was fishing maggot on a Drennan Puddle Chucker waggler. I hooked a large fish which just plodded around in front of me causing the usual debate: chub, bream, perch, carp? I gradually started to gain line until a broad grey back appeared in front of me. Then a polaris missile erupted from the water, hurdled Pete's rod and headed for the hills. 10 minutes later I netted a 5lb salmon! Probably the only salmon to be caught on a Puddle Chucker!

C

Cakey

Claudia dont worry the hook will rust and the boat will shed the rest

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Had a grebe on a dead roach when piking once.Hell of a fight.

Fortunately it was "beak hooked" and once we persuaded the damn thing to calm down it was unhooked and released none the worse.Shat all over my mates hand thoughI think it could be forgiven for that in the circumstances.

Not to be outdonethe following week my mate had a fully clothed "Action Man" on a bit of floatfished corn.He swears it gave him a bite.

Az

Reaction score
ionce returned to a stretch on the tidal river wharfe the place ofwhere i caught me first barbel, i returned with a few more years experiance and thought rate this is it,im goin for it big style, proper barbel rods, boilies, hair rigs, thought i was a barbel in a past life and on an unknown barbelstretch well down the wharfe,rods baited and in the swims and i was full of anticipation, when all of a sudden "BANG" me far bank rod wasnearly pulled in but it came to nowt, me heart was going ten to dozeni knew it was gunna happen then straight after "THUD" me other rod went which was under the bank straight in front of me, but again nothing, so i got down to the ground and piered over the under cut bankwhich i was fishing when all of a sudden i saw my quarry, it came up and nearly gid me a "Barnsley Kiss" it was only a great big SEAL!!!

Now i know i dint bank it, but come on that would have bin a rate accidental capture!!!

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>CAKEY ........ wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Claudia dont worry the hook will rust and the boat will shed the rest</blockquote>I'm sooo relieved to hear that cakester, i will sleep much better now