FishingMagic Teach-in, Fishing the Method

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Excellent piece of advice from a man who knows what he is talking about and a godsend for those that have never tried fishing the method thinking it is too complicated. Well done Stu for taking the time to do it and well done Graham for lugging all that heavy equipment round the boards and making a very valuable piece of instruction for the beginner.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Yep well done to both of you. Despite the compression and conditions the video quality was very good.

I was a little bit surprised that Stu didn't add any freebie hook baits into the mix, I usually add a smalll handfull of corn and pellets just to give it a bit of visual temptation and something for them to go at.

I'm looking forward to parts 2 and 3.

And what a well behaved crowd of on-lookers they were.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I think the principle is Steve is that the fish when rooting through the groundbait find the only substantial item of food is your hookbait and snaffle it.Then again you read that some anglers like a few free offerings to stop the fish becoming preoccupied with the groundbait.And what about the pellet method feeder when its all freebies? As usual in fishing, there is no simple answer.Don't you love it though!

W

Wolfman Woody

Very entertaining, but who was the old fart taking pictures? -
clateach014.jpg

I see there's none of Prof. Bummblebee.

Reaction score
Very good video and article, now how about doing a teach in and video one on the pole, I wouldnt know where to begin have read the various articles on here, but still dont have the confidence to buy a pole and give it a go, cant find anyone local to teach me so will stick with my rods.

Andyw

Reaction score
I came away far more confident in using the Method feeder, so much so that I've used it for the past coupleof days on a local 2 acre water in Milton Keynes...

I hope there is another event in the future, because my name is definately going down, there are many aspects of my fishing, no all of my fishing that would benefit from such teach in sessions!!

Thanks to one and all!!!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I see it's still a bit chilly at Clattercote. There's still snow on those Oxfordshire mountains:<div align="center">
clateach020lrg.jpg

stuart payne 2

Reaction score
never used method feeder until now. used it at the weekend with better catches than normal. will use it more often.. well done.....

Andy M

Reaction score
Great stuff but could someone give me a recipe for a method mix as I cannot just pop down to the tackle shop and pick up a bag but would certainly like to try and give it a go. Would a standard breadcrumb based commercial groundbait do the trick?

Steve Lockett

Reaction score
Andy, you can use brown crumb, it breaks down nice and quick because of the amount of water it can absorb. If you can lay your hands on a coffee grinder, you can improve the mix by grinding some pellets to add to it.

As far as off the shelf mixes go; use any, it doesn't need to be a sticky method mix. As long as you can mix it damp enough to hold for the cast, one of the key points of method fishing (for match anglers and small to medium carp) is that the groundbait breaks down quickly.