How do they hold the carp?

F

felix g.c

When i go fishing and when it comes to taking pictures, i always let the carp, tench, chub ect... suck on my thumb to calm them down and it works, but how do you calm down a massive carp?

The Monk

Reaction score
not sure about letting them suck things, well not fish anyway, basically just hold them in a relaxed manner, they are usually a bit lively when you`ve had then sacked up all night, try gently blowing in their face, but not if you`ve had a strong curry the night before./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

G

Gary Knowles

I find a rap on the head with a bank stick works fine...

joke.....

Paul C

Reaction score
Or a drop kick...........

Do what the rest of us do......

Fail to catch anything massive!

The Monk

Reaction score
hahahahahahahaha/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif, yeah but after you`ve dealt with the girl friend how do you deal with the carp

Deanos

Reaction score
Ive had a good few VERY large Gudgeon in my time I can tell you, they certainly are hard to handle, sometimes nearly wriggling out of my hand before I take a stunning trophy shot!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I can never get a trophy shot of the enormous minnows i catch due to my enormous fingers. Must find a better way.

Otherwise as been said just handle in a confident manor and don't take to long.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

.38 spl between the eyes and they never move again.

The Monk

Reaction score
I dont really think its right shooting carp anglers mate (well not all of them anyway?)/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

B

Bully

Felix - I bet you are gald you have asked that now!

The actual answer is that most big fat carp are caught by big fat carpers who fall asleep on a bank swilling larger all the time, therefore its easy for them to lift them up.

As for me, I just fall asleep...........