K

Ken Stevens

hi im going to broadlands lake hampshire (main lake) next week thur-sat

can anyone give me a few tips on how to fish it and avarage size of carp

ive looked at there web site and see boilies over pellet work and the carp

seems to avaerage low doubblesany imfo would be great many thanks ken

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Its still a bit cold yet so don't put to much bait in. Better fishing a big methord ball to put the scent in the water. I would just use ground trout pellets and a few crumbled freebies.

stephen walker

Reaction score
hello ken,i fished broadlands last year about this time and managed to catch 2 grassies one of them being a pb of 22lb.i fished in swim 36 i think and cast into the marginsof the island in front of me.i fished with tuttis with a small pva bag of pellets,as far as i know there wasnt many out that weekend and although i didnt catch a king i still left very happy

stephen webb

Reaction score
Try 15mm mussel and oyster boilies, with a few chopped up and add a few pellets in a PVA bag for free bees.

MarkW

Reaction score
i have not fished it for years but i did alright on shellfish b5 boilies.

stephen webb

Reaction score
No problem Ken, just let us know how you get on and what worked best /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Cant really offer any advice but saw the name Broadlands and it sent a shiver down my spine....last time I did a night or two down there the place was overun with rats....running over your feet and in the bivvy, everywhere!!! Hope they got that problem under control!!!/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

K

Ken Stevens

went to broadlands had a look around and desided not to fish the place is not for me so back up the M3 and had 48 hours on yatleys north lake manage 1 carp at 24LB a new pb well pleased