any one been to thorpe lea this past week

ron withey

Reaction score
hi all any one been to thorpe lea in the last week or is anyne going there over the week end .any info would be of help thanks Ron

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Ron I have been there twice this week The carp are showing themselves towards the middle of the lake. The best swims are the beech and the island swim on the M25 bank. Single or double fake corns on a size 10 wide gape cast out with a small PVA bag of pellets does the trick the fish seem to back of boilies at the moment. We have been catching between 8 and 12 fish a day. Would have been a lot more but I am coaching so a lot of the day is spent making rigs etc and not actually fishing. The fish dont seem to be bothered if you spod or not so I tend not to at the moment.

I have got a lot of the captures from recent days on my website, the fish are averaging upper double figures, most sessions we manage an upper 19lb fish.

Good luck let us know how you get on Ron Tight Lines

Ian G

www.smartcarping.com

John Southgate

Reaction score
I was down there last sat, got 4 on the bank and lost 2 (not quite to Ian's standards but they are high!). Got a new 20lb PB so was happy. All came from right out as far as I could chuck. tiny pva bags and mini boilies with hbs day trippas or dumbells tipped with plastic corn. Was in the car park swim. the guy a couple of swims to my left (where you can fish in close either side of the island) managed to get quite a few out to 23lb, all in close, no further than the point of the island.

good luck mate.