hemp seed

geoffrey carr

Reaction score
can anyone give any tips how long to boil do i add anything is it a good bait for still water loose feeding

Reaction score
Hi Geoffrey

This has been covered many times on FM so there's plenty of info.

Search for 'hemp' or 'cooking hemp' in the keyword search.

Also take a look at the article by Lee Swords 'Hemp The Demon Seed'

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Geoffrey,

If you type Hemp Seed into the 'Search for:" field above you will find this info plus lots of other info on cooking/using Hemp Seed.

tight lines

The Monk

Reaction score
Hi Geoff welcome aboard mate, yes we have loads of hemp seed threads, an excellent bait though make and you can preparing in a number of ways add flavours/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifsugar, germinate it, smoke it and even use it for fishing

slime monster

Reaction score
hi geoffry, i have used hemp for decades,...if i am roach fishingand using hemp hookbait i do the following........large pan with sealed lid ie no vent 1 third full with seed cover with boiling water allow for swelling,adds sugar put lid on loose simmer 3 minutes.remove from heat seal lid leave overnight thats it , 16 b611 hook .if you like it hanging out of the shell allow 2nights this way you wont stink the house out especially if you chuck it outside allways works and its wife friendly..............dave

The Monk

Reaction score
haha wife friendly, I`ve yet to find anything to do with fishing thats wife friendly/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

nor me mr Monk .....made worse by the time I stunk the gaff out for 3 days with monster crab

I never ever boil hemp ,Ive an air tight bucket I put the hemp in and pour boiling water over it and cover it by a couple of inches add sugar in the summer and add salt in the winter stuff the lid on and leave................12hrs later perfect hemp

C

Cakey

all that could be a waste of time though if you a wanting it for a fairly fast flowing river !