Photography and paranoia

F

Fred Bonney

Keeps you off the escalators then,Nick/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

It is getting a bit daft isn't it.

Having said that, a shortwhile ago I was coming home up the M11 towards Stanstead, and saw a car in the middle lane videoing.

I wouldn't have thought much about it,or noticed it,apart from the fact they were hogging the middle lane, when the nearside was empty!

The two guys in the car were of Asian origin, should I have reported it?

The Monk

Reaction score
yes i think you should have Fred, but yes it is getting a bit silly, I`ve been pulled in Cyprus, Spain and bugaria for taking pictures, which OK these are backward countries, but in the UK i`ve been pulled about 6 times in recent years

C

Colin North, the one and only

I must be pretty ordinary looking Monk, 'cos no-one ever looks at me twice when I'm taking pictures. In fact, the only time anyone ever said anything was when I was taking pictures at Hampton Court Palace, which has a no photography rule inside the building.

The Monk

Reaction score
I think you must be lucky Colin, as soon as I pulled mine out somebody says something/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

the Monk does go out with 29 cameras around his neck.....................all with battery packs !

wait till the 30th one arrives............

The Monk

Reaction score
haha, the last time I was over in scouse land I got pulled on birkenhead railway station by this pair of empty heads, Scouse fat boy and sidekick Brain dead,
26-9-04_.jpg

they approached me with no ID and said that I was taking photographs illegally on merseyrail and that they had the power to confiscate my cameras, I sent their pictures to a number of merseyrail councilors, the rail watchdog and Mersey themselves apprently these lunatics worked for a compeny called Carlisle Securities, when I investigated the matter these idiots basically lied andgave Mersey rail and the railwatchdog false statements, Mersey rail gave me a written apology and I`m not sure what actually happened to fatboy and braindead, by they will certainly think twice before they pull anyone else.

M

MarkTheSpark

I got stopped by two goons taking pictures in, er Cite Europe shopping centre in Calais! As luck would have it, I knew the name of the new commercial director, and told them they could expect to hear about this again. They went away.

Then I got a tug from a security bloke at a publishing house I work at, taking pictures of two nice swans on the office pond. I asked him what could possibly be the problem with taking pictures of swans; I dunno, he said. Just following orders, like all the forelock-tugging numbnuts who wear epaulettes and a badge.

Best of all, I was on an American political forum baiting a couple of Israeli Americans. The topic of a bloke who was 'arrested' at the Israeli Embassy and got compo for having been roughed up came up. "Derserved it," they said. "Pictures of the Israeli Embassy could compromise security."

So a week later, I took a couple of snaps of the embassy and posted them on the forum. You could feel the blast of hot air right across the Atlantic.

The Monk

Reaction score
themuppets who approached me on mersey rail were not really trained and lacked any form of professionalism, I went onto investigate carlisle securities and the company do have a number of significant contract with people like some of the largersupermarkets, sadly professional training would not appear to be a priority, if the people who I had dealing with are anything to go by. Sadly many in the security industry were not at the front of the gene queue when they handed the brains out, and its a case of you pay peanuts you get monkeys (or scousers as in my case)/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif