How did it go?

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
A nice bright day at Tring today. Fished the GUC in an interclub match.
4 hours without a bite on either line, one tight across (13m) and one deep down the track. Tried punch, squatt and pinkie on a 22 to 0.08 bottom.
1 bite 1 small roach in the last hour on the long line. Everybody struggled but fish were caught, mainly perch for those who framed....
21 fished..
How did you get on?

Bluenose

Reaction score
If I get a window, I take advantage Paul. I knew it would be tough but even though it's only a few hours. If I hadn't gone I'd only be wishing I had and then thinking about next weekend.

B

Berty

If I get a window, I take advantage Paul. I knew it would be tough but even though it's only a few hours. If I hadn't gone I'd only be wishing I had and then thinking about next weekend.

I know mate....

B

binka

Blanked!

Fished the Trent at around two and a half foot up and the colour of tea, still quite fancied it to be honest after getting in a nice slack, two rods out for the pike for eight hours.

Wished I had paid no attention to the forecast that I watched on Friday as it completely swung around with the better day eventually being the day I stayed home.

B

Berty

I had a piece of beef to die for.......medium rare and soooo succulant, with all the trimmings and gravy from heaven.

Today was the day for such a feast...........not fishing.

However, i did get the OK for a whole weekend on the river of my choice complete with digs just as soon as i want.

Theres more to angling.............. ;)

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sunday is a family day for us as well. Roast rolled rib of beef today, home made Yorkies, roast parsnips etc, couple of pints before and a bottle of red to wash it down.

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Sunday is a family day for us as well.

Well it would be if the wife wasn't at a Gymnastics comp in Bolton, the lad was in bed getting over last nights beer/clubbing, and the daughter being at work then out with the boyfriend.

Still me and dog had a nice day :)