New member sayin hello

sneaky

Reaction score
Hi,friends,heres a run down on myself: I was a match angler for most of my fishing life,fished for 3 teams and had a fair time of it. However when I decided to move to I.O.W,I gave all my tackle to a fellow member of the team.that was about 20yrs ago.But the bug is wriggleing again,I am about to move from Linc's to eastleigh hampshire,and want to enjoy a new aspect of the sport ie:centrepin fishing,so advice needed what pin!,the one I really like the look of is the adcock stanton I have been told its heavier than most,but is there any issue with its quality and robustness?.:confused:. sneaky

---------- Post added at 06:29 ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 ----------

Hi,friends,heres a run down on myself: I was a match angler for most of my fishing life,fished for 3 teams and had a fair time of it. However when I decided to move to I.O.W,I gave all my tackle to a fellow member of the team.that was about 20yrs ago.But the bug is wriggleing again,I am about to move from Linc's to eastleigh hampshire,and want to enjoy a new aspect of the sport ie:centrepin fishing,so advice needed what pin!,the one I really like the look of is the adcock stanton I have been told its heavier than most,but is there any issue with its quality and robustness?.:confused:. sneaky

The ox is slow,but the Earth is patient

barbelboi

Reaction score
Welcome to the FM Sneaky. I the pin is for trotting a stick with a light setup I prefer a narrow drum reel, for ledgering and heavy line a wide drum, other than that it's personal choice (make/model line guard/no lineguard etc) and you will probably get many different answers.
Jerry
PS If you go to the search icon there are a few threads on pins.

balalur

Reaction score
Welcome Sneaky!
You should get a centrepin with a solid alloy spool base instead of a base with pins as the pins will kink your line and badly affect bait presentation.A light weight pin is easier to trot with.Also no need to spend hundreds of pounds on one-plenty good second hand or new ones for 30-100 pounds(Trudex,Rapidex,Speedia,Marco Cortesi,Okuma etc.)
Good luck with your rediscovered passion!