Bill and Sonny Warren

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've had a letter from Bob Buteux asking me to put the following in the Barbel Society magazine.
I spoke to him today and said it wasn't my job anymore and that the next issue is not until March next year, so I asked him if I could have his permission to put the detail on the internet.
This he gave and the following is his request:

I am writing with the hope of contacting any old acquaintances of the Warren brothers who maybe fished with or stayed with them at their boarding house in Southbourne.
I have many photographs and some ephemera about them, and my plan is to put a book together to tell of their exploits and fish they caught. What I need is additional written information to add to that of my own, from others who knew them, any stories of interest, snippets, in fact anything whatsoever about the lives of these two remarkable anglers.

Please PM me if you have any thing for Bob and I'll give you his contact details.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 11:24 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

Jeff, our mate RC said your mate FG may have something to say on this subject :D

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Hi Fred

I know that one of the old fishing books I recently wrote about contains a reference/picture of Bill Warren. Just as soon as my broken leg :mad: allows I'll get back up in the loft and dig it out......!!

Kevin Perkins

Reaction score
Fred

Broken leg/ankle thanks to driver not realising red lights mean stop and forcing me off my scooter. As well as not being able to see red lights in front of him, he obviously couldn't see in mirrors either as he would have seen me lying in the road and might have stopped to help.......

Seven weeks off work so far (unpaid :mad::mad:) and copious amounts of metalwork now holding leg together. but I'm not letting it get me down.......!!!!!!

chav professor

Reaction score
I have had the pleasure of just being able to pop in to see Bob Buteaux..... Bill and Sonny Warren lived in a golden age of barbel and chub fishing. it will make a superb book.

could try the traditional angler website/forum Fred....

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Fred's just PM'd me and drawn my attention to this. I'll ask FG about them, not many people he didn't know.

Seven weeks off work so far (unpaid ) and copious amounts of metalwork now holding leg together. but I'm not letting it get me down.......!!!!!!
Just so long as you're happy Kevin. That's all that matters. :D

(Seriously, hope you're on your feet soon. Scooter? What has the world come to?)