JRC Stealth Brolly

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I was looking through the various prices for the Stealth and the lowest one was £49.95 so I duly rang Wickford Angling (I think it was them) and to my surprise they told me it has been discontinued and no longer available, my local tackle shop confirmed this.

Now why would a company like JRC who have,what everyone seems to agree, atop quality item decide they would no longer make it? Could it possibly be that are going to produce exactly the same system under a different name and charge us twice as much or am I being over cynical?

I am not a bivvy person, never have been, but as I was going to buy a decent brolly that would probably cost £50 or more anyway I thought that system at that price was a good option. Boing!

C

Cakey

is it just the brolly they have stopped or the stealth system also ?

Nathan

Reaction score
I got a JRC stealth brolly just a few weeks ago - try J&K tackle (J&K Tackle) or look on the ebay shop sites - your bound to find one.

I saw an other the other day for the full system plus storm poles for £90!

C

Cakey

I got mine when it first came out £125 plus £80 for winter skin

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I have rung Wickford Angling again this morning for clarification and he is still insisting that the stealth system is no longer available, I also asked my local dealer again and he says it isn't in their latest catalogue, but there is a new system that costs a hundred and something pounds. Confusing or what.

I rang Climax tackle and they have a Stealth brolly for £49.99 which I have duly purchased including the poles and delivery for £66 which will reach me on Wednesday. All I need now is a volunteer to carry it and thats me sorted /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Paul B

Reaction score
Both versions are still on the JRC website. Be a shame if it's dis-continued.

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
they are still making the brolly and the infill panels but they have stopped producing the outer wrap i was talking to a chap at climax on friday about it.