Help Wanted via Online Auction

C

Cakey

Im running an online auction to raise money for Norwich & District Diabetes UK Youth Group

we raise money for charity each year and can be read about ...........HERE

so what I need from you is items for auction

these can be anything new or secondhand and not just tackle ,we had a florist donate some rose bushes a couple of years ago and these went down a storm

so please help

Joey

Reaction score
Let me go and have a rummage and I'll come back to you.

Iain Riley

Reaction score
friend of mine just died so i have some doubles or somthinges i will have a rummage he would love the irea of passing things on to help others so i'll get back to you v soon cakey

P

pons

Cakey,

If it helps I would be glad to take someone or a small group to Larford Lake ,Stourport to catch some of the terrific specimin Bream,Carp on the big lake on a day session.

It would need to be weekday this close season.

It is a superb water,and the angler or anglers would be featured in my regular column in Coarse Fisherman,and go home with some cracking photos as a memento of the day,and hopefully a terrific days fishing.

All bait and tackle can be provided.

Chris Ponsford

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Many thanks to all those who have come forward and donated, I went through the list with Di last night and she was stunned at the generosity of the donors.

Pesca Basher

Reaction score
Cakey as I am sat on the beach in this horribly warm environment, after bagging up on King Mackeral I can't offer much in the way of goods. So how about some bank details and 50 quid is on it's way to help you out. You can email me private at mailbox(AT)paulbaxter.net

Cheers

C

Cakey

cheers Mate your a gent ....................do you have paypal out there ?

Pesca Basher

Reaction score
No Mate, don't do that here. I got your mail though so any bankm account in UK and I will send from my UK account. 88f here at the moment so gotta go and get a line in. Cheers

J K

Reaction score
Cakey just a thought.

Is there any way you can set something up where those of us who can't afford to bid on the auctions can send you a donation?

C

Cakey

JK...hold tight for a little while

the next couple of items are going into an on line raffle for a £1 a go so if you want to give me a fiver say you will have 5 go at winning something

hope this help

Cakey

if not sent me a cheque or paypal

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
More about this years chosen charityHi RichardIt was good to speak with you finally today and once again apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Thanks again for choosing us and the money you raise will go directly to the children within the Norwich and District area with Diabetes.The activities which we run that you could sponsor are as follows:
  1. Horstead Activity Weekend 8yrs to 12 yrs – A weekend where children with diabetes get together, often leaving their parents for the first time to experience, raft building, canoeing, abseiling, climbing, archery and loads of other team activities.
  2. Horstead Activity Weekend 13 to 17 years – By popular demand from those children who have been to the younger version of this weekend, we have decided for the first time to do it again for the older kids. We are going Sailing and Canoeing on day 1 and on day 2 have them doing the climbing, abseiling, high ropes and death slide course.
  3. Poringland Playban – we run this event twice a year and all kids go free. This generally costs the group around £200 per trip for the hire of the centre and food and drinks for the kids. The younger5 kids love this and we often get parents of newly diagnosed children attend and say what a great way to network and help them with ideas on how to handle the condition.
  4. Christmas Party 2008. This is a popular annual event where we invite all the families from the membership of the group to join us for some festive fun. We provide food and drinks, a present for all the kids from Santa and a disco. It’s a great networking opportunity for families to meet, get together and share ideas of how to control diabetes.
  5. Newly diagnosed patients’ books. We provide every newly diagnosed family with the latest edition of a book designed to help with diabetes care. They cost £15 each and we have around 50 patients per year diagnosed. We also supply £5 W H SMITHS vouchers. These are given by the doctors at the diabetes clinics to those patients who are showing improved diabetes control, have managed to inject themselves for the first time or for something equally as impressive. The kids see this small incentive as a reward for achieving something and help them to see a positive side to the condition.
  6. FRED (Fund for the Research and Education into Diabetes). This is a pot of money we use to help support the hospital with things they cannot fund through the NHS. Education materials etc.
  7. Alton Towers Trip 2009. We are looking to do another Alton Towers Trip. The group pays for all Diabetes Kids and this often is very expensive but again very rewarding. We generally travel by coach early Saturday morning and stay in a small hotel near Alton Towers. The kids and families get chance to network and share ideas and the kids get chance to see others with the same condition. The Sunday is spent at the park and we get back late on Sunday evening to Norwich.
I would like to add that the running of the Youth Group is totally voluntary. None of the committee are paid and is made up of parents of children with Diabetes. All fund raised go toward the Norwich area and to support the children with diabetes who need it.Thanks again for your support and we would love to run a piece in our next newsletter with some photos if you have them on the memorial fishing activity you are running for James.I will be mentioning this at our next committee meeting at the Jenny Lind Clinic which s next Tuesday 13th May from 7.30. If you want to you are more than welcome to pop along and tell the group your plans.Good luck with your fish!