CYPRUS shore lure fishing

Bob Paulley

Reaction score
The last thing we caught at Coral Bay was a Moray Eel. The bait was my mate's shoulder!

You'd be better heading off towards Akamas and fishing of one of the promontories. Coral Bay is just too congested with tourists these days.

There used to be an alcoholic, who earned his booze by fishing the Paphos inner harbour. He'd fish off the sea wall, over the road from the Pelican Restaurant and swap his catch for bottles of Pandemonium (St Panteleimon).

Bob Paulley

Reaction score
This is slightly off topic but there is some excellent trout firshing in Cyprus.

In particular I'd recommend the Omhodos Dam, up in the Troodos Mountains. My wife and I used to nip down there for the odd day's fishing.

The best time is as the sunis going down behind the mountains, at the top end of the reservoir. Fishing is quite awkward, due to the amount of weed in the shallows. However, the trout stooge around at the edge of the weed. A floating fly is better than spinning, due to the shallowness.

Even my wife has hooked three pounders there and in some quantities!

slime monster

Reaction score
thanks bob,i,ll give that some thought but when abroad with the wife i play at sea fishing for a couple of hours or so with a tele rod once i start getting too hot its off to the bar.

Bob Paulley

Reaction score
One problem! Omodhos Dam is a minimum hike of 3 miles in mountainous terrain!

/forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

Which is why Maw and I didn't go too often (well she didn't). You'd best leave her in Platres, say at the Forest Park Hotel swimming pool and walk down, following the river....... easy on the way down...... knackering on the way back!

himani

Reaction score
What if I am a new born baby for fishing....?? :rolleyes:

I am new to fishing and I really don't know what are the cautions you need to take care of.. please guide me guys...

Regards,
Himani Chokshi
Cyprus SEO