Bid for a day with Smartcarping

C

Cakey

this is a copy of a message to me from Ian on what he is offering

thanks Ian your very kind

"I can offer a full days carp fishing tuition with all the tackle and bait supplied. Fishing tuition can be tailored to suit the winners need from basics ie rig construction, feature finding water craft Etc to long range casting and baiting using Greys Platimums and basia reels. The venue will have to be chosen in conjunction with the winning bid but it would have to be in the southern part of the UK. Please feel free to use my websitehttp://www.smartcarping.co.uk/ to give people a better understanding of whatyou are getting and hopefully a larger bid.

I am a diabetic as well so this work you are doing is close to my heart so well done Cakey.

Ian Gemsom "

good luck and happy bidding

running for 14 days

and once again thanks Ian

F

Frothey

BTW - The day must include catching Charlies Mate, Arfur, The Kingsmead fish and The Woodcarving. Or I want my money back lol!

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
PMSL mate OK I am sure I can fix that They willbe exactreplicas mybe not as big but fun hard fighting UK carp thats for sure.

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Ian, never really fished for them...a barbel nutter for 40 years!

BUT, enjoy geting a few out of little rivers like the Loddon. This season a 21.12 common and a 22.12 Mirror plus a few more. (lost a def 30 common at the net!) They have come visiting in the floods from Mr J Bakers lake, Causeway and Redlands.

A couple of Thames low 20's (small)

I have watched a few at Summerleaze that have been 40's and watched them feed of some bread on the surface.....went tenching!

I am also to be invited to fish Lakeside (a la Davro)in a month or so. It's apparently full of very Big ones.

I am genuinelynot worried about catching, more to see the rigs, approach etc.

added. Just remembered, had a 26lber on single maggot on size 16 and match rod from Pondwood.

Graham

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Graham I think I should be asking you to take me out. Carp like that from rivers are special fish Wild normally unstocked and real hard fighters. Well done that man. I can see a long day of imformation swapping going on here.

Tight Lines

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Ian, this season most of them came from the Floods and nearby lakes.

I have had a few low 20's prior to this that were river(Loddon/Thames/Kennet) fish.

Previously, my most notable lake fish was a 11lb genuine wildie.

Believe me, I know Nuffink about true lake carping and methods. I understand a glider or helicopter whilst building a snowmanis the way?/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Graham

F

Frothey

If you get me on Summerleaze, I'll give you some lessons for free lol! And bait. And tackle. I'll even supply the lagers and vindaloo /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Graham Elliott 1

Reaction score
Frothey. I took someone fairly well known once, it's from a back garden. (Most of the lake is surrounded by gardens)

I let them fish on after I had to leave, trusting them.

Despite me asking them 3 times not toapproach the very private individual that owns the house, next day I found out they had upset the lady owner by aggresively asking to do their garden in exchange for fishing.

They are no longer a mate.

I have just got permission again, 2 years later....providing that I only fish alone.

Sorry, but hope you understand. I can't even take my regular fishing pals now because of one selfish individual.

Graham