A committee of OAPs

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Is basically what my club has, including me another OAP. Can't get most of them to do any work around our lakes (fair enough I suppose) Basically the work is carried out by a 74 yo, a 69 yo, a 67 yo & a 66 yo! the work involves all the usual stuff such as tree felling, leave raking, swim repairs, clearing litter, rodent control etc. etc.
Just no youngsters interested, not even in fishing.
Is this the same everywhere?

The bad one

Reaction score
Is basically what my club has, including me another OAP. Can't get most of them to do any work around our lakes (fair enough I suppose) Basically the work is carried out by a 74 yo, a 69 yo, a 67 yo & a 66 yo! the work involves all the usual stuff such as tree felling, leave raking, swim repairs, clearing litter, rodent control etc. etc.
Just no youngsters interested, not even in fishing.
Is this the same everywhere?
Did a two day working party last weekend, 60 guys over the two days, out of them only half a dozen were under 40. Av age I'd have put at 58.
And who moans the most about closed waters for a month to WP ticket holders only? Yep you guessed it, the under 40s. And who breaks the rules on closed waters, fishes them and gets booked? Yes one and the same :rolleyes: :eek:mg:
I'd love to kow why they are just so bone idle :confused: