looking for a new spinning rod!

cuperjames

Reaction score
Hi, ive been looking around and ive found a really nice spinning rod, its the daiwa power mesh x spin 10ft 10-60g
Daiwasports.co.uk - Powermesh X Spin

and i was just wondering what sort of fish would this handle? would it handle pike, small tuna, barracuda, small mahi mahi etc just want to find some information on what this rod would take before i look at buying it thanks alot, james:)

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
It's a medium spinning rod suitable for lines between 10 to 15lb and lures up to around 3oz (you can always stretch the stated casting weight a bit). Certainly well suited to pike, if a tad on the long side for my own tastes. Don't have much experience of the other fish named!

mick b

Reaction score
I made a fantastic spinstick from a Conoflex 20lb boat blank (glass).
The result was an almost bombproof rod which I used with 55lb Spectra/braid and a Saltiga X4500 and landed everything from White Marlin, Dorado, Tuna, and all manner of reef fishes.
After an hour long tussle with a +34kg fish it never quite straightened but it has never failed, and I still use it! (I've also made 2 more for friends btw).

For bassing, and all manner of river spinning I use a Japanese 60gm 'shore game' rod, and for heavier lures a Hardy 11ft salmon spinner.

I've been a dedicated spinner for 50+ years and still have my Allcocks Light Caster, another longer Allcocks cane that the name has worn off, a Sealy Black Arrow, Hardy Fibalite, and a few others who's names I cannot remember:eek:mg:
so I have the bank hours to speak from experience.
Essentially you buy what you fancy, then after a few zillion chucks and a few hundered fish you will know what you should have brought in the first place:wh