Fishing over Christmas

aebitim

Reaction score
A tradition with me to fish Christmas day, a couple of hours on the beach or the river just to get away from it. Suprising how many people are fishing Christmas day evening on Chesil.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope, not me.

Christmas for me is for time with the family rather than sitting alone on a freezing cold river bank.

Tight lines to all who do venture out though.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
I normally have a go on boxing day morning, though it tends to be more for the sake of going and getting outside than actually catching anything!

(That said, I did rather upset my mate a couple of years back by taking a 5lb+ chub from the only bite of the day. I was soundly scolded for taking it too seriously :))

B

binka

Definitely fishing on Christmas day but haven't decided where yet, i've got a whole fortnight off work so should be able to get plenty in :)

I remember fishing the Matlock town centre stretch on the Derwent a few years ago on Christmas day and watching many festive baloons drifting by me... followed by an inflatable turkey!

terry m

Reaction score
Plenty of fishing over the holiday period for me, but not on Christmas day!

That would be pushing things a bit too far.

B

Berty

I will not fish Christmas day, it's a day to share with the family..........all other days are dependant upon fishing conditions.

All's fair!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I have been told that I can go out the day after boxing day but like binka I have 2 weeks off so I have plenty of time...Think Leeds Liverpool canal for a big perch on lures, it will probably be too bloody cold to sit still for long...Yes, I am a proper mardy arsed ******!!!! :)

riverrovingross

Reaction score
There are many things I can get away with but fishing on Christmas Day is one my mrs will not take lightly and I would be a victim of domestic abuse! But il be fishing all the way upto it and after, bit off chubbing on a few streams and maybe the Derwent if it even decides to stop flooding and rising 7inches while I'm trying to fish it, and a good old bit of piking is a must for during crimbo. I think if conditions are good I'll be doing some trotting for the grayling as well, there are some huge grayling in the Derwent and plenty of them.

Bluenose

Reaction score
I usually fish for a few hours on xmas eve then go home to a bit of a buffet, that's a traditional thing.

Xmas day fishing is defo out (although I have done in years gone by). After that any day is possible. If I have an hour or two free during late afternoon I'll wander over to the river.

It's probably my favourite time of the year for fishing.

riverrovingross

Reaction score
I know, I have caught most of them ;)

Happy Christmas fellow Derbyshire lad![/QUOTE]

Happy Christmas to you too,

I'm quite confident in saying I think the grayling are in excess of 2lb easy down there I've seen trout jumping clear of the surface around 6-7lb, but that river is one ****** to suss out and read especially between belper and Milford

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
would love to go after xmas just need to find a fishing buddy as my river knowledge not that good and need to learn

Definately fishing Sunday 23rd, I've been told I can fish Xmas day if I want but it's not really for me and Boxing Day is a definate non-starter, after that not quite sure what's going on as Son should be bringing our new Grandaughter up for a few days.

Your welcome to join me but don't expect to pick up that much knowledge (as everyone who fished the Itchen would know:wh) May depend on the state of the rivers (don't rememember too many of those in Tipton). PM me if you fancy a session.

Ian

dalthegooner

Reaction score
We've got family visiting, or are visiting family from the 21st to Boxing Day.

I'm currently trying to decide on a venue that I can fish on the 27th and 28th.

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Boxing day morning Chub or Pike all depends on the weather thursday the Thames no matter what main river or back waters perch and pike hopefully the odd Zander may show.

bennygesserit

Reaction score
Boxing day morning Chub or Pike all depends on the weather thursday the Thames no matter what main river or back waters perch and pike hopefully the odd Zander may show.

Tinker from the bank ?