pole

david3092

Reaction score
hi can anyone suggest a lubricant that i can use on the pole sections to make it easier to take apart

thanks

The Monk

Reaction score
Pole lubricant, no I won`t /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Never used a pole much although I do have a few for catching lifebaits, I`ve always used beewax for rod joints though, it appears to hold tight, doesnt cause wear and is easy to reapply when it wares down on the rod

L

Laurie Harper

You might find beeswax too thick/sticky for pole joints, which are made to very tight tolerances. As they wear, they get easier - if they were not tight when new, they'd become sloppy quite quickly.

You could try polishing the male joint (oooer, etc) with somethng like WD40, but I wouldn't use too much of it. The other thing is not to jam them together too hard. As long as they don't actually rattle, you're very unlikely to find they work loose. Just a gentle push and twist should do the trick.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Keep the joints as clean as possible as grit quickly wears them out. Once the 'skin' of the joints has worn away wet joints are more likely to stick especially if pushed together too firmly.