Mail order maggots?

C

Che Osborne

Anyone know of a company offering maggots mail order?

The only one I can find is Worms Direct, but they are really expensive (I want 6 pints or so).

No one stocks them this far north! (I'm 15 miles north of Aberden)

Many thanks

Che

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They sell maggots in Aberdeen. Try the angling shops there is quite a few up there.

C

Che Osborne

Where Jimmy? Certainly Somers don't, Aberdeen Field sports dont. and the one in King steeet doesn't either? Nearest one that does is in Dundee.

T

trev matthews (100M bronze)

Oh my word Che you are in a bit of a pickle arnt you. Having to get maggots by mail order would mean you having to get a fair bit to make it worthwhile, and its not that you could just order a pint or so every weekend. You could freeze any leftover bait and then use artificials on the hook and feed with deads or even use deads on the hook, at least deads wont bury themselves in the silt.

Whatever you do: dont try and manufacture your own, they stink, the waste stinks your clothes will stink and your shed will stink. If your married youll get divorced and if your not you wont get a girlfriend.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Che; Have you tried the Tackle Shop High St, Forres, Moray ?

Also check the web (Aberdeen area) you never know mate./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ha ha ha Trev; I take it that you,ve tried it also. But you,re right it all stinks.

And the stink lingers for ages. /forum/smilies/sick_smiley.gif

C

Che Osborne

Trev, as per my message, looking for at least 6 pints, so the amount isn't a problem. Most weeks it's not a problem as I travel extensively for work (although the airlines wouldn't be keen if they knew /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif ).

Jimmy, nowhere stocks in this part of the country, at this time of year. There are a handful of places that have some during the peak of the summer, including Aboyne Loch and Pitfor fishery, but at the moment there is knowhere. Anyhow, I just thought I'd ask as I can't be the only one with this issue. I'll just order from worms direct.

C

Che Osborne

There is no chance of me producing my own......... ever........... /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
logo.gif