Pike venues?

riverrovingross

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm after a good pike venue in the East Midlands or close to it. I'm looking for some where that holds a good head of doubles or even a good head of 20's i would like to use 2-3rods on deadbait, float ledger but live bait isn't really important. Day ticket as its just a day session
Any info would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

B

binka

Hi Ross,

I might be wrong but I think you will be lucky to get any specifics suggested, pike are notoriously fragile to angling pressure.

What I would say is look at the waters that are overlooked, the large reservoirs aren't so daunting at this time of year as the silvers will be in the deeper water and the pike won't be far behind so find that and you'll find some pike.

There's nothing better than catching a pike from a water where everyone else says they don't exist.

Rivers are a similar rule of thumb, look for the slacks and drop offs... anywhere along the Trent will hold some good pike and I think that certain parts of the Derwent are probably some of the most under exploited stretches of river around, especially with all those nice brownies swimming around.

Good luck.

terry m

Reaction score
Binka is correct. The chances of pike anglers who are on a good venue posting details on the internet are very slim indeed.

Catching big pike is all about being on a water that actually holds them, if you are that lucky then to broadcast the details would be a major own goal.

pertinaxone

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm after a good pike venue in the East Midlands or close to it. I'm looking for some where that holds a good head of doubles or even a good head of 20's i would like to use 2-3rods on deadbait, float ledger but live bait isn't really important. Day ticket as its just a day session
Any info would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Some sort of "pike commercial" venue perhaps.... ;):)

B

binka

Didn't somebody actually try that a few years ago, a lake out in Lincolnshire somewhere?

I thought it a bad idea back at the time and haven't heard of it lately.

riverrovingross

Reaction score
There's ment to be a pike pond at rycroft fisheries in hemington, but I haven't heard any of the latest news of it, like weather it was a success or not and I think I'm going to go with the venue I had in mind at Melton as there seems to be a good chance of some good fish there. I just thought I'd ask the question to see if I got the answer.

Cheers for the replys lads

riverrovingross

Reaction score
Well I ended up at frisby lakes! 36 achre water and a 16 achre water. I went for a 24hour session and it rained..... ALOT! It was bad. It ended with a miserable blank after I targeted pike zander and eel on the main lake and worked a few lures on the boys pit for the last two hours in a desperate attempt to cover as much water as possible to entice atleast one bite. There were a few other chaps there and they also left with dry nets :(

Conditions were dyer but I would defiantly go again just because how helpfull the fishery manager was, and what a nice bloke.