Bid for a day with Lord Paul

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Your bidding for a day fishing with Lord Paul - who will show you the best swims (one's nearest the pub), provide you with a pint of maggots, half a loaf of old bread and a hand full of boilies.

The only restrictions are:

Must be in the Sheffield area, on the Rother near his home or at a local commercial (you pay for your own ticket £5).

Lord Paul will provide a cheese and onion pasty or sausage roll (value £1.49) from Morrisons and 4 cans of lager.

So if you want to catch the odd small perch, stunted roach or even carp up to 6lb then bid away.

All moneys go to Cakeys cause, you just have to collect his Lordship from Furkum Hall and then return his there later, leave him propped up against a wall and ring the bell - the servants will ensure he sobers up.

Cakey - please take this as it's meant - if it offends let me know and it can be taken off.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
M'laud.

Make it a bottle of your finest port and some lovely stilton and I'll consider bidding.

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Lord Paul

Reaction score
A bottle of cheap port and some stilton plus a jacobs cream cracker

Reaction score
If you throw in a free meal provided by Sheffield's finest chef, or Lee Swords if the other one's not available...I may well visit my safe deposit box! Any chance of a detailed examination of your under stairs maids as well???

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Go on Paul; His Lord -Ship is worth more than that, /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifJust think of the maids who will be at beckon call for you./forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Paul, if you double up the bid maybe you could examine his maids understairs department /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Lord Paul

Reaction score
No slimey -there are proper props for propping up me at the Hall

Reaction score
I'm not bidding against myself - come on lets have a bit of competition for the best prize on offer - and I'm not joking...I shall travel by the railway direct to the Steel City from the land of hats - to embide cheap port, eat Swords offerings, check the basement fittings of the undermaids, top up with the pasty...and meet a genuine toff!!

bargain

T

The Welsh Windbag

Can I bid £2.27 as a guarantee <u>against</u> winning ?

Maximum bidder guaranteed <u>not</u> to have to travel into his Lordship's ineffably aristocratic presence and then forced to fish inadequately in a working clarss way, trembling in the furious stellar intensity of his piercing Lordly gaze....

I know that I am not worthy to lick the toe of his Lorship's boots (without paying for the privilege, and handsomely, and more than that bugger Max Moseley bids....) and it is worth £2.27 to me to ensure that for the good of charity I am spared such exposure of my poverty stricken Welsh soul* to such social exclusivity...... /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif.

Oh hang it, make it £2.28 and hang the expense....

Welsh soul has no connection with Dover sole. Or Detroit sole. Just our soul.

Chris Elwis999

Reaction score
gallons of port the finest stilton, and the understair maids to frolic with, I'm up for bidding but unfortuneatel the missus controls the pursestrings./forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Chaps

I'm glad to see you are treating this thread with the respect it deserves /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Don't forget that for that bidhe will need to send his Chauffeur to pick you up and return you Cakey.

Reaction score
Now come on now chaps. His Lordship is deadly serious, as is my bid!

We all know how royalty and the rich did disguise themselves to mix and live as the rougher types. Well his lordship is offering a similar experience.

M'lord if you can promise that we will both dress up as William Gladstone and go out amongst the streets of Sheffield to rescue fallen women; and bring them back to demonstrate the error of their ways, I'll up the bid to £12.50, or £15.00 with all the extras!!

What sort of cheese is in the pasty?

Poshers

T

The Welsh Windbag

<blockquote class=quoteheader>CAKEY ........ wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>more like............. r sole</blockquote>

OH look !!!! Cakey got the joke.....

there's a first. Back off all of you, nothing more to be seen here.

Except that I will add my negative £2.27..... sorry, £2.30 negative to outbid Cakey's childishly copycat £2.29 negative to Posh Paul's £15.00 to ensure that he gets the full benefit of the evening out with his Lordship. After all, Posh is the only one of us with the breeding and social poise to even say hello to his Lordship without stammering and trembling......