greys x-flite plus

Mike Radgetdonk

Reaction score
hello everyone!

im going to buy a new set of rods the next days and soi was looking around and found the x-flite plus from Greys to be quite nice...my local shop would give me a great deal for them...

so can you inform me about these rots?

there are many reviews about the older ones (the x-flite without the plus...) but no reviews fot the x-flite plus...so i was wondering if they are any good?

anyone who can tell me what action they have and how to cast with them?

can you compare them with the older ones?

hope you can help me

mfg

p.s.: sorry for my english- im doing my best /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

The Monk

Reaction score
never used them Mike but Greys usually produce some first class rods

sh13

Reaction score
RODS !!!! lol /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif sorry i've only used the old model /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

wayne brooks

Reaction score
i've got a set mate and can't speak highly enough of them. light really well balanced and they look the nuts!

also, they are down to about £130 each now

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
hi m8 i have a set of 3 having owned a set of the older x-flights i didnt think greys could improve on them but in my opinion i think they have.i have the 12ft 2 3/4tc version which match my style of fishing but if your looking to cast great distances go for the stronger version as for playing a decent fish they are the dogs bits.you will feel every lunge but still be in control of the fish even under your feet.as for telling you how to cast with them well i think thats down to you and your casting action the rod might help you a bit but if you cant cast get out there an practise lol also what size of reel do you use .

W

whiskerton

Buy some centurys,Greys market their tackle with an understanding that they are a british brand.The reality is that they are made in china to give Greys a bigger profit.If you can't buy new,get on ebay and grab a bargain.

regards

mike

Mike Radgetdonk

Reaction score
thanks for all your advices!!!

i already bought the shimano big Baitrunner LG;

and for the rods im going to buy a 12' 2,75Ib model;

the new x-flites seem to be great...so i guess i will get them soon! /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif