Fox SX Modifications

Reaction score
Hi, I have a pair of these alarms which are fine except for one thing - the very poor LEDs which can only be seen ( in daylight ) from directly behind. Mine are Green LEDs by the way. I wrote to Fox some time ago asking if there is any way to modify them but they declined to reply.. These alarms do everything I want in an alarm but I need a much brighter more visible LED. My brother who knows about LEDs says they have a very limited 18 degree field of view and that there are LEDs that are much more visible. But he cant advise me what I can change to without seeing a schematic of the circuit board. So does anyone know where I can get hold of this? or advise on how I can do a LED mod myself? Thanks

C

Cakey

alarm.jpg

the mods I do

Reaction score
Hey, They look great! Two LEDs are definately better than one! How visible from the side are they tho? Do you do them in red too? And what price are we talking here. Thanks

C

Cakey

two reds ,wide angle ,ultra bright ................£5 per alarm but you pay postage both ways or deliver to me.

C

Cakey

Morgan ...................they are now ready to come back to you

Reaction score
Hi Cakey, Recieved Alarms back today - and they're perfect now! Wow what a difference, they are super bright now and look good too! I wonder why Fox never made them this way...? it could not have been a carp angler who designed them that's for sure. So Many Thanks for your help, I'm very Pleased.

C

Cakey

did you get my paypal request or should I send another

and could you turn your messagaes on then I can PM you