springwatch

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can't stand The springwatch presenters myself so I don't watch it, but a program about Otters will show the wider public that they are a fantastic contribution to the British countryside and folk should be encouraged to take an interest in these wonderfull creatures and their habitat.

There, that should get a few hackles up :D :D ;)

chav professor

Reaction score
Same programme that featured the 'joy' of watching cormorants catch fish on inland waterways....... 'That should wind up a few fisherman'... quipped the presenter.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Same programme that featured the 'joy' of watching cormorants catch fish on inland waterways....... 'That should wind up a few fisherman'... quipped the presenter.

I bet it was good old Bill that came out with that one, He added a great sense of humour to the programme and it's not the same without him (good old ageist BBC, AGAIN!) IMO the presenters they have now are just a bunch of pretentious and arrogant **** heads...And please don't get me started on that Gordie ex blue peter presenter on country file ;)

cg74

Reaction score
Can't stand The springwatch presenters myself so I don't watch it, but a program about Otters will show the wider public that they are a fantastic contribution to the British countryside and folk should be encouraged to take an interest in these wonderfull creatures and their habitat.

Yep, and then you'll throw a tantrum like a stroppy two year old, when anyone answers you back.:wh

Last edited:

superted77

Reaction score
I bet it was good old Bill that came out with that one, He added a great sense of humour to the programme and it's not the same without him (good old ageist BBC, AGAIN!) IMO the presenters they have now are just a bunch of pretentious and arrogant **** heads...And please don't get me started on that Gordie ex blue peter presenter on country file ;)

Geordie? He's no geordie, he's from Easington, County Durham.

Why do some people seem to think everybody north of the Humber
is a geordie?

sam vimes

Reaction score
I think you're both wrong, she has a Cumbrian accent.

I know that you are talking at crossed purposes.;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Baker_(television_personality) is from Easington, County Durham and is definitely not a Geordie.

Helen Skelton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia is a Cumbrian. Still definitely not a Geordie.

Both ex-Blue Peter presenters. Both northern but not Geordies. Both present on Countryfile but only Matt Baker is considered a main presenter.

split shot

Reaction score
I can't make my mind up whether they were being deliberately misleading or that they just don't know what they are talking about.
Perhaps they should have covered on the programme why a nature reserve here in the Wensum valley has had to put up an otter fence.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Geordie? He's no geordie, he's from Easington, County Durham.

Why do some people seem to think everybody north of the Humber
is a geordie?

Sorry about that mate, I was just going on the Accent :)
Gets me when folk think Newcastle is in Cumbria !!!

---------- Post added at 10:12 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

Yep, and then you'll throw a tantrum like a stroppy two year old, when anyone answers you back.:wh

Tut, Tut, at Christmas too!!

---------- Post added at 10:21 ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 ----------

Both ex-Blue Peter presenters. Both northern but not Geordies. Both present on Countryfile but only Matt Baker is considered a main presenter.

I get sick of folk trying to tell me that Julia Bradbury is from the Lake District...She's from Tideswell in the peak District, that's in Derbyshire, the Lake District is in Cumbria, the same County as Newcastle :)

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't make my mind up whether they were being deliberately misleading or that they just don't know what they are talking about.
Perhaps they should have covered on the programme why a nature reserve here in the Wensum valley has had to put up an otter fence.

I would imagine that's to give nesting birds etc a bit of protection, not for the fish.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Don't forget that Otters where here long before commercial fisheries OR Wensum Barbel! Otters eat fish, they evolved over thousands of years to eat fish and it's not their fault that they do what they do, just leave them be, nature will balance things out if left to it's own devices.

cg74

Reaction score
Mark, you wrote:
I responded:
So in a poor attempt at looking clever you spurted this out:
Tut, Tut, at Christmas too!!
What odds does it being around christmas make? The relevance is especially weak when you consider that my post was placed on 16/12.... Please tell me you haven't been thinking of a riposte since then.....

....Keep trying, you might nail a pithy post one day - a witty one might be a good starting place.

Last edited:

The bad one

Reaction score
Oh dear is the football match over and Fritz and Tommy have gone back to the trenches to continue the bombardment on one another.
Fly in the ointment is man's ability to think creatively, rationally and logically that makes him the ultimate Apex predator of all.

None of the others have the ability to create and or work out M=MC2.

There's a world of difference between OTTO and Otter ;)

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I enjoy a good natural history programme and the content on spring watch is quite good it is the presentation that I cannot abide and the two bob presenters.

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mark, you wrote:

I responded:

So in a poor attempt at looking clever you spurted this out:

What odds does it being around christmas make? The relevance is especially weak when you consider that my post was placed on 16/12.... Please tell me you haven't been thinking of a riposte since then.....

....Keep trying, you might nail a pithy post one day - a witty one might be a good starting place.

What a pathetic statement! Do you really think you can draw me in with such drivel?
I was actually trying to make you smile, but I guess you don't know how too?

---------- Post added at 08:36 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

I enjoy a good natural history programme and the content on spring watch is quite good it is the presentation that I cannot abide and the two bob presenters.

That guy with the hay stack hair do really gets to me...Someone needs to smarten him up!
And they say Bill Oddie was eccentric :eek:mg: