Tackle Inventory

B

binka

Has anyone done a tackle inventory and been shocked by the amount?

A few months ago I asked my insurance company if I should insure separately and they said it was fine under contents (in an out building which is secure and alarmed), i've been lucky and never had to make a claim in over twenty years but they did say it would be a good idea to take pictures if there were multiple items, even though I keep the receipts for major purchases.

Anyway, having a bit of time on my hands I decided to drill down a bit more on the itemising and the vest which I originally quoted a replacement value of around £25 was nearer £300 by the time i'd tipped out the pockets to account for what was in there... I always knew there was a bit of gear in there but wasn't going to split hairs over what I thought would be fifty quids worth of bits and bobs.

Same with the rig bag I use for lead work, and so on with the other for feeder fishing and the other vest with the pike gear in it... it just goes on and on!

I'm still amazed that this little lot totalled what it did...

IMG00784-20121216-1813_zps40845f39.jpg

Ps... The Angling Trust badge isn't a plug and the three quid it cost wasn't added to the amount ;)

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Has anyone done a tackle inventory and been shocked by the amount?
Just the main items and it scares the pants off me. Enough, shall we say, to bury me with if I snuff it and no 1 son has to flog them all on Ebay. In fact, enough for the wake and buy him a holiday in the Caribbean, if he so wishes. I just do not want the wife knowing....

bigfish74

Reaction score
4 holdalls and a quiver all full of rods umberellas bivvy day shelter and thats before the various boxes and everything else it is a bit s ary thinking about it

Andy

xenon

Reaction score
just did a rough total in my head (rods and reels only-no luggage, hooks, line etc) -came to £1200. About twice what I guessed beforehand. Time to check the small print on the contents insurance!

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My mate did a check on his Dragon carp gear and it came to just under six quid so he's not that worried :D :D

Seriously I did a mental costing of my rods alone and it came to around £1800! Very scary, just glad all my tackle is kept in the house.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My Mrs has always said that when I die the funereal will be at 11am and the auction starts at 2pm, the taxi to the airport is booked for 8 the next morning.

jasonbean1

Reaction score
out house at homes full of match tackle and bait, spare bedrooms full of old rods/poles..car always has the brilo box, wellies and net bag in it...at work in my office i have 4 rods in front of me and on the floor boxes full of bits and bobs...next to the workshop i have a shed full of specy gear bivvy/trolley etc plus sacks of pellets/hemp.

at a guess 10k plus....only insured at home in case of theft/fire

the last girlfreind gave me the ultimatem...sunday dinner with her family or that's it...needles to say i'm single again but i had a cracking days roving on the severn!

Paul Boote

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Coarse, Game, Light Sea, International (fly, lure and bait, for all of them) ... oh God....

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hhhhhm, just got home after a few days off and saw this one, so, I went into the downstairs loo (believe it or not) as that is where I store my fly rods:

Current count is 4 off Sage fly rods, 1 off Hardy Marquis rod, 2 off Abel reels, 1 off Sage reel, 3 off Battenkill reels, one Brady Trout Bag full of Wheatley boxes of flies and a pair of Scierra waders, total value probably somewhere in the region of £4,500

I won't be venturing into the garage to tot up my Coarse fishing kit for two main reasons:

1) Just don't have enough time, and

2) The total is bound to frighten the life out of me ..........

nicepix

Reaction score
I don't worry about it. It's an investment after all. When I die my wife will get nearly as much as she thinks I paid for it.

bigfish74

Reaction score
I cant believe the tackle tarts slagging dragon carp off if it wasnt for places lime that then we wouldnt have as many people enteri g our sport and the reason some people including me is that we all ai t made of money and have families to support but hey im happy with the few items iv bought from them

Rant over :D

Andy

mark brailsford 2

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I cant believe the tackle tarts slagging dragon carp off if it wasnt for places lime that then we wouldnt have as many people enteri g our sport and the reason some people including me is that we all ai t made of money and have families to support but hey im happy with the few items iv bought from them

Rant over :D

Andy

Andy, I have no intention to upset people that wish to buy DC tackle, its a free world and folk can do what they want with their hard earned cash. I am in a situation where I can afford to buy good quality tackle, yes, that's right, I'm not married...:D ;)
There are a few reasons I don't like DC (or the guy that ran it) but the main reason I mention DC on here is just for the banter, that's all, there's no harm meant mate!

Happy Christmas to you and yours.

PS: The guy I mentioned with the DC reel knows I am just on a wind up. He lost his wife 3 months ago at the age of 50, he has 3 teenagers to support so he cannot really spend that much on tackle at the moment. He still has a sense of humour though, God bless him.

Last edited: