Bivvy help buying please

Shine

Reaction score
I'm looking for a cheapish bivvy for night fishing. Got about £100-120.

I'm looking for one thats easy to erect, sturdy,100% waterproofand midgyproof(if there is such a bivvy).

Before anyone says use a brolly etc, I do have one. I'm looking for a bivvy. Would rather good old green colour but if the right bivvy came along in camo I'd have a look (not a great camo lover though).

Cheers for any help.

Joey

Reaction score
I've been using the TFG Force8 for about two years and have not had a problem with it. Might be worth a look because it seems to meet all your criteria.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I,ve also got the TFG Force 8 two man bivvy; And I,ve no complaints with it.

Complete sewing in ground sheet, Twin skin. Warm in winter.
6156_2.jpg

Al round a great bivvy.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes mate. But wait until you see for your self the room that you get in it. Its enormous.

Shine

Reaction score
Is the one man as easy to set up as some of the video's I've seen? They say 20 seconds but I live in the real world so understand if it takes longer.

Joey

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Shine On You Crazy Diamond wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Is the one man as easy to set up as some of the video's I've seen? They say 20 seconds but I live in the real world so understand if it takes longer.</blockquote>

Once you get the hang of ityou can setit up in less than a minute, mind you it does take another minute or two to peg it down. The going price (1 man)is around £100 which is not bad for a twin skinned bivvy that comes with a built in groundsheet and numerous door options.

The only complaint I have is I struggle a bit to get it back in its bag which appears to be made to very exact measurements.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Joey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>
</blockquote>

The only complaint I have is I struggle a bit to get it back in its bag which appears to be made to very exact measurements.</blockquote>Ha ha ha ya wimp Joey; Did you not get the two straps with your,s Joey as they do help you to get it back in to its bag.

Joey

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>JIMMY ( P A A S ) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Joey wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>
</blockquote>

The only complaint I have is I struggle a bit to get it back in its bag which appears to be made to very exact measurements.</blockquote>Ha ha ha ya wimp Joey; Did you not get the two straps with your,s Joey as they do help you to get it back in to its bag.</blockquote>
When your a big boy like me you have trouble getting everything back in its bag/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif Yes but there great bivvys Joey, I,ve got the two man one and the room that you get inside them are brill, I,ve had five adults sleeping in mines, as there's blow down, Hehehe.

Joey

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>JIMMY ( P A A S ) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif I,ve had five adults sleeping in mine</blockquote>
Blimey Jimmy, I didn't realise the immigrant problem was that bad in Scotland.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Joey; Up here you need a good bivvy as you know what like the weather is like in the winter.

Joey

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Shine On You Crazy Diamond wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Anyone one know where I can get the force 8 cheaper than 100 quid?</blockquote>
You could try Ebay mate, I have seen them go for less than £100.

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
hi there get on ebay and pt this item number in 120253574633 this is just what your looking for i think it will end up around the 70quid mark

Richard Turner 3

Reaction score
wouldnt cost that much to sort out a courier to pick it up for you but i suppose it depends how much you get it for .

Shine

Reaction score
Its up to 60 at the mo. Theres others on there. £82 delivered for an ex demo. £125 or nearest offer for a force 8 plus a chair. I've looked about and the chair is worth 40 quid. I've emailed asking if its all new in box. If it is I like the sound of that one/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif