TCF Show

monty

Reaction score
As anyone been to the show or likely to go,thinking of going tomorrow.Is stoneleigh Park easy to find and does anyone know what time it runs from.

monty

Reaction score
We went on saturday,the show was quite good though not that many people there but that made it easier talking to those on the stands.This is also the first time the show has been held and next year should be a lot better as speaking to several people around the show they were saying that reps from the big tackle retailers who were not exhibiting were walking around and seemed very impressed.The venue was a lot better than the N.E.C,so hopefully they will attend next year.

A big thanks to the guys on the Korum stand their advice on which landing net and handle and also which quiver would suit my reguirements,so orders have already been put into place.Also a great stand by Sonu Baits their groundbait(halibut and hemp crush )looks and feels the business i'll be giving this a try and some amazing line planned for future release from Ultima Line.

So once again a big thanks to David Hall and all his staff and also to everyone who worked on the stands during the weekend and i hope to see you all next year.

alan

Reaction score
my reply to another thread

went to the tcf show today, it was brill.

no cheap nasty tackle on sale, just demo's with some samples given away. it wasn't crowded and you had time to talk to people.

the bait co's were great to talk to.

John Wilson was very pleasant, and we had a bit of a laugh with him.

the guy we spent 30minutes taking to on the chub stand was a pleasure to talk to, keen, knowledgeable, and has me convinced to buy 2 of their new range of rods this year.

the demos/forums were fun.

the free bags on entrance were good.

the ultima knot tying was fun, and the fact that i was in the top 30 for the weekend in knot strength means in now expecting a lot of line in the post.

i took my 9year old, he liked it, the kids stands went down well, and the fact that he got more samples then me made him happy. they really looked after the kids.

and to top it off, when we were leaving they were taking the bivvys down, a chat with the guys meant i left with a jrc oval brolly, with 4 storm poles for £45 and my brother had the next model up for £90. a perfect end to an enjoyable day.

P

pons

I think the NEC show is garbage compared to this one,these days.A great big expensive car boot sale,which is hugely expensive for everyone.

This is similar to Tackle and Guns,which is run by DHP as well and only trade,so with this open to all I am convinced this will be the future.

The exibitors present were pretty happy with this in general ,IMHO ,and with better advertising,which was poor,there will be many more coming through the door.

Well done DHP ./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Pons

Iain Riley

Reaction score
guttedbrealy wanted to go unfortunatly my long time fishing buddy and the one with the driv'in licence died of the big C saturday so that put an end to that ,/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

hope it was as good as i was lead to belive it was going to be and that all who went had an brill time not lust for me but for my bro who was realy looking forward too going after the NEC let down.

tight lines all Iain

alan

Reaction score
RESULT

just had a phone call from Greys, i've won a 13ft power float rod, one of their new g-tec range.

well worth the £10 entry fee.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Nice one Alan/forum/smilies/sick_smiley.gif!!

monty

Reaction score
Hi Gary,yes i know and thanks for the time mate,just waiting for the gear to arrive at the shop so i can go and collect it.Good luck for the coming season and fish number six !!!.