Camera Backpacks, which ones?

The Monk

Reaction score
I see these things are becoming more and more popular, I`ve used Lowe Pro gear for many years, its lifetime guaranteed and most items come with fully waterproofed covers, Tarmrac appear to be another one of the leaders in the rucksack formats, has anyone used these or can recommend any.
5752_3.jpg

Tamrac explorer series
pd_cy6.jpg

Cyberpack

Paul B

Reaction score
I've not used a rucka for camera gear myself, I've seen a few posts on photo sites from people who've forgotten to fasten them up and heard the expensive clunk of metal and glass on the floor as they shouldered the bag/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

zip,clunk, click every trip/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

C

Colin North, the one and only

I've got the Trekker rucksack one. Never had a problem with it, save for putting too much crap in it, which makes it heavier than it need be. I might treat myself to one of those Slingbags though, they look pretty good.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I have the Lowepro Orion Trekker. It will take a dSLR and 3 lenses and the top bit will take basic fly gear.

The Monk

Reaction score
is that it mate, that camera looks a bit low in the rucksack? is the base well padded and fully waterproof?
18-1989-IMG5.jpeg

The Monk

Reaction score
thats the one I want the Tamrac, but I think I would put some hard rubber in the lower sections
tamrac_5575_open_240.jpg

The Monk

Reaction score
I`m going to have a look at the local photographs here this morning, they have a few Tamracs and Lowepros in stock, I`ll be able to check them out/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif