Drennan mini night lights

David Dalton

Reaction score
Has anybody been as disappointed as me with these? Generally, I have a high opinion of Drennan products, but the mini night lights often just don't work. Sometimes you will be lucky to get one that works out of three packets!

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I bought a load from Lidl and they were cheap as chips. Your problem may be caused by the way either you or the shop stored them. They are a plastic container with a glass phial inside. It may be that the phial was broken without you realising it.

bigfish74

Reaction score
Im 100% behi d starlight do t think iv ever had a bad 1

Andy

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lidle for me as well, Drennan = £1.25 per pack containing two sticks, Lidle £3 for a box of 100 (50 packs x2 per pack) in three colours, red green and blue. Two on each tip, one on each bobbin, one on my forceps, two on the spreader block of the net, one on each rod handle, and a couple on the rod rests. My swim looks like an 80's disco, you can see them from space.

David Dalton

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I had in fact tried another brand, I forget its name now, which I bought cheaply from a guy in Christchurch market, and which worked fine.

The useful thing about the Drennan ones (when they work) is that you can fit them to the top of Drennan floats that have interchangeable tips.

The Lidl ones look very good value, I'll look out for those.

Titus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Obviously I'm joking about using loads of them on everything but they are great value, they are however bigger than the Drennan ones and if you want to use them with the floats you will have to do some fiddling about and make yourself some sort of adaptor.
It shouldn't be too difficult.

chav professor

Reaction score
I am a massive fan of Drennan - however, 'Starlight' is the brand if I buy chemical lights - they are brilliant for fishing a polaris float at night for margin tench/carp fishing.

Drennan make superb beta lights though!